Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Time Travel Tuesday(back to when we were 21 years old)

This week for Time Travel Tuesday, Annie our host of TTT wants up to pack it up and head back in time(or for at least one of our time travelers into the future) To when we were 21 years old. What's going on in your life? Who are you spending most of your time with? What's favorites things did you do? eat? hobby?

I turned 21 on November 9, 1993 I was in college full time, working part time as a cashier in a grocery store, engaged to DH. I spent most of my time working and studying.. If I wasn't doing that then you would find me out with DH
In March of 1994 DH and I picked a date for our wedding.. We had been engaged since June 1, 1991 so it was about time.. but I was thinking I would finish up college 1st but by March 1994 we were both just tired of waiting to get married so we set the wedding date for October 29, 1994
Please forgive the darkness and blurriness of these photos. My mom who normally scan the pictures for my blog is on vacation with my kids and I'm still really sick so I'm not leaving my house to go use her scanner. So all the pictures you see in this post are pictures I took of old pictures. LOL I pulled out the old photos and then took pictures of them with my camera phone.. yeah I'm a little crazy like that :P
After picking the wedding date, my time was spent studying, working and planning a wedding on a budget. My mom and I pretty much made everything for the wedding, all the flowers, center pieces, flower girls basket, and ring pillow. They all turned out really niceI still found some time to have a little bit of a life outside of school, work and wedding planning. This picture was taken on a weekend trip to go visit my sister and my friend D who was in college about 3 hours from me. I took my cousin K with me on this visit. L to R. My sister P, My cousin K, Me and my friend D.
In August 1994 I was in my 1st big car accident. I was being a good soon to be sister in law and was going to pick up my younger soon to be brother in law who was still in high school and had to be at golf practises and my soon to be mother in law was working.. On my way to pick him up some goofy kid rear ended me, I was stopped waiting to make a left hand turn and this kid hit me full force doing 65 miles an hour in a 35 zone.. Lets just say OUCH doesn't cover it. Not only was this my 1st accident but also my 1st trip in an ambulance. I ended up having a few vertebrates in my neck totally out of wack and it took over a year before the pain was gone.. I was so worried I was going to be wearing a neck brace at my wedding.. This happened the last week of August. In September 1994 was my bridal showers. I had one with my church family and friends and one with my family and friends. I was still to have my neck brace on but I didn't want to look back and see pictures of myself at my showers with a neck brace on so I took it off before getting to the shower. I"m sure I looked so silly because my neck was still stiff and I was turning my whole body to look when people called me. My 1st shower was towards the start of September IIRC that was the church shower.Then my family shower was at my aunts house and IIRC it was like the 2nd Sunday afternoon of October.. I remember this because we had just got the keys for our 1st apartment so after the shower I was able to just move all the items I got at the shower right into the apartment. DH and I neither one of us was living in the apartment until the night before we got Married and then DH moved in that night and I spent my 1st night there on the night of our wedding. I have shared about our wedding day a few times here on my blog so I'll just show you a few shots that you haven't seen yet. WE got Married October 29, 1994This was me in the bathroom of the church before the wedding checking make up and having friends and family snapping pictures.Here I am putting the ring on Barry's finger.. The ring he lost about 10 years ago and has never replaced LOL.
On October 30, 1994 we left on our honeymoon to Niagara Falls Canada.
Lets see what more was there I should share about being 21 years old.. My favorite breakfast was in my chemistry building at college it was in two different vending machines. It was peanut butter crunchy granola bars and a cup of hot chocolate. For lunch I would normally get a grilled cheese and french fries and pop in the cafeteria. For dinner I would just grab something while at work and eat on my break. On Monday nights I was playing volleyball at the church open gym volleyball night and on Tuesdays and Thursday I was doing intramural volleyball at college.

Well there you go what I did and what I liked back when I was 21 years old.
OHHHHHHHHH guess I should add two weeks after getting married I turned 22 years old.

To travel along with others though time this Tuesday stop by Annie's blog.

7 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW! love the old pics! :) fun! You were a busy girl too! :)
I'm off to browse the rest of your blog. :)

Nancy Face said...

Wow! What a busy life you were leading! I'm glad you recovered from the auto accident. Your wedding pictures are beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)

Blessed Beyond a doubt.... said...

Cool pics ~ Ouch regarding your accident!

Thanks for sharing..

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Annie said...

Your pics of pics turned out better than the ones I tried, mine had a bad glare!
Fun memories huh?
Thanks for playing along.
How tall is your hubbie?

Shawna said...

Sounds like your year was very eventful. I'm glad you didn't have to walk down the aisle with the neckbrace! What a scary accident. I still love those crunchy granola bars!

Donetta said...

Wow what a journey. I enjoyed your praise music thank you. Donetta

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Sounded like a good year (except the accident of course). I like that you added pics. I was too lazy to search for my pics.