Friday, February 29, 2008
I would love to time-travel back to_________.
Shop alone, shop with mom, or shop with friends? I'm an alone sort of shopper.. I get much more done. Though I do tend to shop alot with my mom, it easy that way too if she is able to keep an eye on the kids while I shop.
Worst movie ever? Joe Versus the Volcano. DH and I saw it early on when we were dating and I think it might be the worst movie ever.
Have you ever had your heart broken? YES
In what area of your life have you felt the most judged (by others or even self condemnation)? HUMMM.. these bonus question I never just have an answer off the top of my head.. Let me think.. I think Motherhood.. I think once you become a mom, every other mother out there starts to judge you.. Do you work or stay at home.. Do you CIO or are you more of an APer. I think that is the biggest area in my life that I feel people judge me on. OH and to answer some of those questions.. I'm a stay at home mom(but wasn't always) and I do not do CIO.. I pretty much co sleep, extended BF and tend to be much more of an Attach parent.
(relates to number 6) Are you now free from that judgment, and how did you get free if you are? Yes and NO.. No because I'm sure there are still people out there who would still judge me.. thinking OH MY GOODNESS your 33 month old just weaned a week ago??? Or OH MY GOODNESS.. you need to teach your kids to fall asleep on there own and stay in there own beds.. BUT Yes I feel free from the judgment now, because God has given me a peace about how I raise my children and I guess I just honestly don't care what other people have to say about it. LOL doesn't that sound so sweet and kind of me :P
What is one new way you could be a blessing to your pastor (or other ministers) this year? I think Praying for them is the best thing we can do and also let them know they are loved.
Little Man when I tucked him into bed.
Share a beauty or grooming trick or tip with us.
What does the color yellow make you think of?
flowers and sunshine.
If you were to make your living as a photographer, what subject would your pictures revolve around?
Children and People or at least it did when I was making my living as a photographer before Sweet Pea was born.
What was the longest book you ever read?
I have no idea
See more Friday's Feast participants here.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Today I thought I would throw it back to October 29, 1994. My Wedding day.
On Tuesday this week I played along in a Wedding Photo Tag. A few people asked me or commented on me singing to DH. So I thought I would try to share that with you wonderful people, my blog readers.
In order to do this, I broke out the old VHS tape of my wedding and the aim my camera at the TV set so the sound on the video isn't the best and you might need to turn it up if you want to hear me sing.. but keep in mind it is me singing so you might want to turn it down so you don't have to hear it LOL. In either case here it is.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Woke up this morning to find that the kids school was closed due to the snow we got over night. When I looked out the window it looked like a Christmas card out in the yard. I thought DH would have a hard time getting home from work but he just hopped on the turnpike and made it home faster then he normally would.. As soon as he got home he got to work clearing the driveway, sidewalks and the walks up to our house.Good man, good, man because while he was working hard in the snow the kids and I were having fun building snowmen, snow forts and covering themselves in mountains of snow.
When I first got out side I found them all swinging on the swing set here is a short 13 second video clip of that.
Then Princess and Mr Man took off to the back yard while Sweet Pea and Little Man and I continued to work on the snowman.. Sweet Pea did the biggest part of the work, she rolled all the snowballs for the snow man herself, I lifted them into place and Little Man found the sticks for us to use. Here is the finished project. After finishing the snowman we headed into the back yard to find Princess on her knees next to this big snow pile when we got closer we saw that the pile of snow had a head to it..
Here is a short little clip of Mr Man getting out of that snow.
Aisha over at Leaf Float Down River is hosting a Wedding Photo Tag and she tagged me to play along. So here are some of the photos from mine and DH's wedding day. October 29, 1994
Me and DHMy parents and his parents.here we are with my grandparents.. next to me are my mom's parents(who have since both passed away) and next to DH is my dad's parents who I see daily.The wedding party. My colors were black and white with a little mauve tossed in. This photo was staged.. because the one they took during the wedding didn't turn out right so after the guest left he had us pose for this shot. This one was not posed.. It was of me signing to DH during the wedding.. The song was called "Only God Could Love You More"
And this is the end.
Monday, February 25, 2008
This picture was taken in April 2007 from our 2nd hotel window while on our spring vacation.
Even though they lost Princess had a good game. She was only one of two girls on the team who could hit this picture(the girl was good and super fast she is an 8th grader) Princess didn't get to pitch in the game because we ran out of time. The indoor leagues you only play an hour and when your time is up your time is up and the coach started her daughter as picture.. I think Princess will get to pitch in the next game.
Sunday 2/24/08 we pickedPrincess up from Shorty's house on our way to church.. After church DH and Princess had to go for uniform fittings(for softball) and then they did the grocery shopping.. I took Mr Man, Sweet Pea and Little Man to my parents, we ate lunch and then I took them sled riding. There is a super big hill for that in my parents town.. but it was warm today and all the snow had melted off of it.. but some of the litter(but still big) hills still had plenty of snow on them.. so the kids had a blast, even Little Man was doing down the hill by himself and LOL the whole way.. he needed a bit of help getting back up the hill but he had a ball. Only Little Man didn't get his nap, so while I was on my way home to get to Awana's He fell asleep.. so I dropped him off at home and took the kids to church.. (um guess I should add here that DH was home sleeping with Little Man he wasn't alone LOL) Little Man didn't end up waking up till 7:30pm after everyone was back from awana's. So we feed him some super and got everyone ready for bed. Got DH off to work and the middle two kids and I started reading a new book, got about 4 chapters into it and sent them to bed. Little Man was up well past midnight. ~sigh~
So there you have it the end of yet another weekend recap
How was your weekend??
Midlife Mom passed these fun blog awards on to me this week.. A great big Thank you going out to Midlife Mom.
This next award I received twice this week.. Once by Midlife Mom and also by Melanie. Thank you so very much ladies.
I will pass This you make my day Award to anyone who comments on my blog today, because all of you who comments always make my day.
Was tagged last week by Melanie for this birthday quiz.. So I'm playing along.. Cant say I agree with all of it but here is what it tell me.
|Your Birthdate: November 9|
You are a born idealist, with more pet causes than you can count.
You prefer be around others, both when working and while relaxing.
Generous and giving, you believe you can change the world one person at a time.
You're open minded and tolerant. People feel like they can tell you anything.
Your strength: Your go-with-the-flow flexibility
Your weakness: Your flair for the over dramatic
Your power color: Pine green
Your power symbol: Circle
Your power month: September
I found this one over at MomOfThree and thought I would see how old I act.. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing LOL.. seeing how my real age is 35, but hey I always want to be young at heart so I'll take this as a good thing I guess LOL
You Act Like You Are 24 Years Old
You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel like an adult, and you're optimistic about life.
You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.
You're still figuring out your place in the world and how you want your life to shape up.
The world is full of possibilities, and you can't wait to explore many of them.
Found this over at a new blog that I started reading this week. Leaf Float Down River I found out I'm not as fast as I thought I was.
Found this over at Palm Tree Fanatic's blog and it looked like fun so I played along with this also.
Your Ideal Hairstyle:
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Midlife Mom over at Home on the Range, has hit her 250th post. In celebration she is having a give away.. Stop on over, check out the new look of her blog and enter to win her give away.. Just click HERE to see how to enter.
Happy 250th post Midlife Mom.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Question 1. Do you read or study best in silence or in a place with background noise? Why? Normally with background noise. Unless it is at night when everyone is asleep.. Why because I have 4 kids and there is always noise in my house.
2. If you were to write a book about your life, what would it be called? I don't have a clue. LOL no that isn't the title.. but maybe it should be LOL. What about This is my life.
3. (This question is a deep one...I know it should be a bonus, but I already have a few bonus questions chosen for this week) Why do you think divorce is so prevalent? I can't really speak for people and why or why they did or didn't get divorced. I'm sure everyone is different.. but I think it has alot to do with what people go into a marriage expecting. I something think people go into it expecting it to be all roses and happy times.. then real life hits and they just don't know how to hang on to one another though those time and turn to God to get them though it. I also wonder if people know it is OK to fight, disagree and NOT LEAVE.. No two people are going to agree 100% of the time, I think learning to disagree and or even fight here and there but yet knowing that even if you are not happy with the other person and you don't agree with them that you still love them and they still love you and don't look at it as the end just a speed bump.. I guess I just went into it knowing that it was forever, and unless something extreme happened no one was ever going to walk out or leave no matter what. I also think God needs to be center if you want to have a happy marriage.
4. What's the best way to resist peer pressure? Prayer, prayer and more prayer and bible study and focusing on God. Knowing that you are living your life for God and not for those around you.. Caring only what God thinks and not what people around you think.. This can be hard at time.. but God tells us in Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
5. What is the most serious illness or injury you ever faced? I have wrote about this already on my blog in three parts. Part 1 you can find Here you can skip the part at the top in pink and just move down to the blue where it says "Now onto the question about the illness.. It wasn't just one thing. It was a combination of alot of things all happening at once." after reading that little you can move on to more of the story in THIS post. Then the end you can read HERE
6. When was the last time you felt like you had a laugh with God? I don't know.. I guess.. all the time. since God is always with us.
7. This question was inspired by a friend. My friend went through a very tragic experience, and I so wanted to comfort her, but did not have the words too (GP, right or wrong usage of the too?). I had a conversation with her at a later date and asked her what do you say to someone when they are going through a tragedy, because I know that people say the wrong things even when there intentions were good. So, here is my question.... What do you say to someone who is going through a tragic or hard time? I know the 1st thing that pops into everyone's mind when they see someone in pain going though a hard or tragic time, is to say "I'm sorry" and "I'll keep you in my prayers" or "is there anything I can do" But when I lost our baby and everyone was showing me they cared with all those saying (which they were saying to show they cared and out of love) They were the last things I wanted to hear.. I just wanted to be alone, well with God because in prayer was the only time I found peace. I knew everyone meant well and I understood that.. but I honestly felt like if one more person told me they were sorry, I was going to lose it and start crying more and never stop. After going though that.. and coming out on the other end.. I still think those are the most common things to say in those times.. BUT I find myself saying just a simple.. "your in my prayers if you need anything I'm here" Then not just saying the words but then going and praying for those people is the best thing you can do.
For more Know and Tellers stop over at To Know Him
Encourage others and yourself! Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.