Today's pictures are of Little Man back on June 22, 2007 helping me wash the van. Like the helmet?? What doesn't everyone wear one of these when washing the cars.. Safety 1st dontcha know :P
He had been riding his bike right before I started washing the van.
For more Wordless Wednesday fun, click here or check out 5 minutes for mom
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Today for our Time Travel Tuesday Annie our wonderful host of Time Travel Tuesday, has us going back in time to a date that gone wrong be it with our husband or before we were married.
This was a hard one for me to come up with, I never had a date go so wrong that it made the whole date awful for me. I have had plenty of dates that didn't go as I had planned or I had wanted them too, but nothing that just jumps out and says this was just the worst date in the whole world.
In all the years DH and I have been together our New Year year plans have always seem to be the ones that back fire on us. Starting with our very 1st new years eve 1989 which started out with him getting into a big fight with his dad and then got into it with his mom before he came to pick me up. While at the church party we were at his mom came in and pulled him out of it to talk with him and get things settled between her and him.. But DH was still in a pretty bad mood that whole night.. Then we got into a fight and things just went down hill from there.. a few days later we ended up breaking up for the 1st time(there was many break ups in our relationship LOL) over the events that happened that new years eve. Jump ahead a few more years It's new years eve 1991 Dh and I plan a dinner and then a party with a group of college kids from our church. Dinner was awful, the place normally had good food but this time everything was cold and undercooked.. Then at the party.. the girl we got in a fight about back in 1989 was there and flirting with DH which got me really moody and Dh and I ended up in another fight that night.. The next day we talked about it and LOL about it and made up our minds that it wasn't very wise for me and him to keep going to these new year eve parties LOL..
The next years we had a pretty good dates on new years eve dinner, movies bringing in the new years together.. Then 1993 I had planned the night for us. We were going to a nice steak dinner(steak is my favorite) then to a movie. Afterwards we were going on a moon lite walk and then getting in front of a TV set by midnight to watch the ball drop. ONLY.. he just didn't seem into the whole thing.. he didn't talk much at all during dinner, Then right before the movie started I asked him what was wrong and he said "not now we will talk after the movie" All though the movie I couldn't enjoy it because something was bugging him I had no clue what and it didn't sound good. Well after the movie we didn't take that nice romantic moon lite walk.. instead we had a talk, A talk where he tells me he just doesn't feel this is working anymore and he breaks up with me. See I told you new years were not good for us at ALL LOL
Well as you see about 2 months later we were back together and have been ever since That was our last break up fight. Thank Goodness because they were getting a little old.
We got married October 29, 1994 Which brings us to our next date gone wrong.. ONCE again it is New Years Eve. doesn't it figure. We had plans to go to dinner a movie and then get a hotel room to bring in the new years. I had to work in the morning but was getting off work by 3pm.. I wasn't feeling very good at all Around noon while at work I knew I was just as sick as could be, I was burning up and could hardly stand. I call and get an appointment with a doctor and left work early to find out I had strep throat. That New Years Eve was spent in our apartment me sleeping and DH playing video games(we had them back then LOL) and watching movies on TV.. He did wake me at midnight and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
Moving right along the very next year.. We have New Years Eve plans of dinner and a movie and home to watch the ball drop. I was pregnant at the time with Princess. 8 1/2 months along and in case you didn't know this about me.. I don't do well while PG.. I get sick the whole 9 months with extreme morning sickness.
This day however I was having a good day, a good day for me means I only vomited like 5 or 6 times instead of 20 to 30 times. I get dress and we head out to dinner.. the food looked so good and I ate it all.. BIG mistake.. I wasn't even out of the restaurant when the morning sickness kicked in and I was running off to the bathroom.. I didn't want to mess up our new years eve.. after all this was the last one we would have before we became parents.. So off to the movies we headed.. ONLY I had to have DH pull the car over 3 times so I could puke at this time I knew there was no way I could do a movie. So back home we went for me to go to bed and him to watch TV.. I don't think I was awake at all to see the new year come in.
The next year I couldn't get a babysitter for Princess I would only use family and my parents and his parents had plans and my grandparents I knew wouldn't want to stay up that late. So we planned an afternoon outing.. we had a nice lunch out while my mom kept princess and then we rented movies ordered pizza and watched the ball drop at home that night.. This was the 1st new years eve that went as planned.
The next year went well also we took Princess to dinner with us and then we all went and saw The Little Mermaid at the theater(it was Princess 1st time to the movies) then came home and did the watching the ball drop thing.
BUT the next year was the date gone wrong that 1st popped into my mind when I thought about dates gone wrong. I made plans with my parents to keep Princess. I picked the restaurant we would be going to and planned a night in a hotel for DH and I. ONLY to have my parents cancel on us. My dads best friend from high school had called them and wanted to meet up with them that night and they hadn't seen them in sometime and wanted to go.. So all my plans went flying out the window. Then on the morning of Dec 31 my mom called me with sad news.. The friends son and his wife gave birth to there twins way to early and they were all in the hospital(sadly a few days later the twins didn't make it) But mom and dad were able to watch Princess for us if we still wanted to go out to dinner and a movie or something.. So we planned a dinner and found a movie we wanted to go see. My parents were just going to watch princess at our house for us.. My Parents made it to our house and we were about ready to walk out the door when Princess yelled "mommy" ran over to me and threw up all over me. she was burning up with fever also.. there was no way I was going to leave my baby girl while she was sick.. My mom kept telling me to go she could care for her.. but I wasn't going to do that.. So that new years eve my parents stayed over, we all watched the movies dad had rented for them to watch while they were babysitting and we ordered pizza. OH and we all cared for a very sick little girl.
We have had plenty of good dates and even a few on New years eve but we also had a ton more New Year Eve plans go wrong.. Like the year Princess was 5 and Mr Man was 1 years old and they woke up on New Years Eve with pink eye and DH and i had to change our plans again..
Guess this is all part of life and parenthood :)
So there you have it a few of the dates gone wrong from my past.
Thanks for Time Traveling with me today..
To check out other time travelers go to My life As Annie and happy Time travel Tuesday to you all.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Yesterday afternoon my parents had the boys, before I left my mom and and dad's place I made a comment to Little Man whose hair was hanging way into his eyes that mommy needed to get his hair cut. For the last 26 months I have always trimmed his hair he has never had it professionally done. Then I took a look at Mr Man's who hair was ready to be cut again also and said, guess you could stand a cut also.. I wasn't hinting or asking my parents to go get my boys hair cut, I was just commenting to my shaggy haired boys that it was time.
About 30 minutes after I left I get a call from mom asking if it was ok for her and dad to get the boys hair cut while they were out. I agreed it was as long as she took pictures of Little Man because this would be his 1st real hair cut. To be really honest I didn't think they would be able to do it or if they did it would look awful because the boy will not sit still for me at all when I try to trim it up, It normally takes two people on to hold him still and me doing the clipping.
So I was shocked when I went to pick the kid up and found a clean cut Little Man and These pictures.Isn't he so cute???? Since Grandma had the camera out she got a shot of big brother getting his hair cut also.. So here is Mr Man
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the hair cuts.
This was not my 1st post of the adventures of Little Man and his hair cuts
The 1st post I wrote about cutting this boys hair was back on August 6, 2006 you can read that post and see his messy little hair pictures right HERE. My next adventure in messing up(oopes I mean cutting) this boys hair was on October 2, 2006 and you can see all his cute little curls and long hair as well as his cute I gave him HERE
That is all I have from hair cut land today.. you all have a wonderful Monday. I have No menu plan for this week, Maybe I'll be more organized next week, who knows.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
I have been holding off posting this post till Princess's hometown league team got there team picture back.. ONLY when it came back it had the girls first and last names on the picture of each girl so I don't feel like blanking out 14 names so I'm not adding it..
Anyways here are the kids ball teams from this year(minus one)
Mr Man's baseball team
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Hi guys we are home safe and sound from our vacation.. there will be post about that to come once I get some photos online(who knows when I'll get around to that LOL)
While I was getting caught up on my blog reading I came across this fun meme over at Musings of a Housewife dcrmom invited us all to play along so that is what I'm going to do.
1. Who was your best friend? I had 2 best friends and they didn't get along at all LOL.. Karen and Mary.
2. Did you play any sports? Yes. Volleyball was my thing.
3. What kind of car did you drive? which ever car my dad would give me the keys to on any given day.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? If it was my freshman year I was babysitting if it was 10th -12th I was out on a date with my boyfriend
5. Were you a party animal? No
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yep, flirting was like a fun pastime for me.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Choir
8. Were you a nerd? No maybe a little nerdy in Jr High but not so much in high school.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No Think I got detention once or twice though
10. Can you sing the fight song? LOL Yes.. hummmmm does that make me a nerd LOL "Red and Black we'll fight and fight, we'll fight to win with all our might that's right, we'll push that rival team back to there goal we got that Great New London spirit so lets go. We'll play a good clean game until were done, we'll never yield until the battles won, Were gonna fight to win so watch us fight watch us fight, Wildcats fight.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? my Math and my accounting teachers
12. What was your school mascot? wildcat
13. Did you go to the Prom? yes both Jr and Sr prom
14. If you could go back, would you? maybe, I wouldn't want to go back to school itself, but to be young for a weekend again wouldn't be too bad. getting dressed up in crazy red and black to head out with DH(who was my boyfriend)to the high school football or basketball game and then out for pizza sounds like fun.
15. What do you remember most about graduation?not much.. to much excitement going on from the night before graduation. You see DH asked me to marry him and gave me my engagement ring that night, after my parents had told us both not to do that.. so it was a long night and day with them telling me to give it back and me telling them no way.... It all worked out as you can tell :)
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? we got messed out of our. The principle found out when we were doing it and pulled us all aside and told us if we missed school at all during that week he would not let us take part in graduation
17. Did you have a job your senior year? yes I was a cashier at our local grocery store
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? the local pizza place
19. Have you gained weight since then? SNORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUMMMMM Well lets think about this.. I was 18 years old at the time.. I'm now 34. I have been pregnant not once but five times. PLUS I graduated high school weighting a whole 95 pounds.. LOL LOL... OH goodness me.. YES YES YES I have gained weight since then..
20. What did you do after graduation? Went back to my house with my family and all my extended family for leftover lunch from my graduation party the night before. Then went and hit a few graduation parties, then went to PM church, then back to more parties
21. What year did you graduate? 1991.
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? my DH
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? No
There you have it my high school years :P play along and let me know you did.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Thought I would stop over and say Good bye.. No No I'm not giving up blogging or anything like that. You all couldn't be that lucky now ;P
I'm just going to be gone for a week. We are heading out on vacation.. I'll be back with alot of pictures and stories from our trip(Or I think I will be anyways)
Before I took off I thought I would leave you with two pictures of Little Man.
This summer we moved him out of our bedroom into a room with Mr Man and got him sleeping in his toddler bed(well that is when he isn't climbing into my bed) here are a couple shots of my big Little Man.
Good bye, blog with you when we get back.
Friday, July 20, 2007
My blogging friend Midlife Mom @ Home On The Range has given me two blog awards. WOW I feel so honored
The reason for these awards are as followed:
For those who answer blog comments, email and make there visitors feel at home on there blog. For the people who take others peoples feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all those blogger that spend so much of there time helping other bloggers, design, improve and fix there site. This award is for those generous bloggerswho think of others.
WOW and again WOW I feel so blessed to be getting these award from a wonderful blogger who herself is everything that these awards stand for.
Thank You Midlife Mom.
Now in true blogging form I have been given the job of passing these on to five other bloggers that fit the bill. This is so hard because all the bloggers on my blogroll are like this.. but I can only pick five of you to pass this on too.. I know some of my blogging friends already have these awards, DCRMOM and Tina.. and these are two bloggers I would have passed this on two.. I gave this some thought and I have picked my five blogging friends who I think should have these awards.
1) Annie @ My Life As Annie Annie is a loving mother of 4, from her menu plan Monday I would dear say she is a very good cook also. She always has wonderful post and has started the time travel Tuesday, which has quickly became one of my favorite meme. She always takes the time to answer any questions I ask in her comments and you can thank her for the music on my blog.. She is the one who talked me though putting it in my blog. Alot of Annie's post are wonderful reminders of Just how great God is.
2) FiFi @ There's more to this life Fee is a homeschooling mom of 3, two very handsome boys and one cute little girl.. The love for her family and for God just shines though in all her post. Her children are always doing the cutest things. She lives in Africa and she takes her readers on some wonderful picture tours of her country.
3)Heather @ 10,000 Things to be Happy About or her other blog, Heather has 4 children and she is always doing such creative things with them. She is a SAHM who always put God and her children first. She is also the 1st IRL person who I was brave enough to comment on her blog. Sort of making her the first IRL person know about my blog.
4)Melanie @ Our Happy Happenings Melanie is one of my new blogging friends. She is a mother of one extremely cute little girl,and a wonderful step mother to her stepdaughter. She loves the Lord and is to raise her children up for the Him.
5) Stayllo @ The Frog Blog Stayllo is a very sweet christian mom who has 2 children. She is a SAHM and her love for her family and God comes though in her post.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
How about a little pitching action. You guys already know we have spent more then our fair share of time at the ball fields this summer. Well Ball is just about over. Mr Man is done, Sweet Pea is done and After this weekend Princess's league will be done and her tournament team only has one more weekend to go and that is in Aug. I really haven't shared with you all any ball pictures. So here are a few.
These top ones are from her local League team and the bottoms ones are from her tournament team which is a team out of a big city over an hour west of us.
I don't remember the date of the league game pictures but it was sometime in June but the last three shots were from Friday July 13, 2007.
I got this in my email today and thought it would be kind of fun to do it as a meme here in my blog.
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? yes, we were married for 6 months when I got PG
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? very excited because just a month before I found out I was PG I was told by my gyn. That It would be very hard for me to get PG that was if I could get PG at all.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NO NO NO NO NO NEVER!!!!!!!!!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22 1/2 when I found out I was PG 23 and so many months when I had her
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a fact plus home test and got a T not a + or a - but a T, being young and dumb I thought that meant not PG so I went on fora few week thinking I wasn't until I started to puke my guts out all day long for a week then I went to the doctor who told me just 4 weeks before that, that I couldn't get PG, he did a test and sure enough I was 8 weeks along.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Well DH was with me so I didn't have to tell him, but as soon as we got home from the doctor we called my parents(they sort of knew since I was on vacation with them the week before when I was barfing all over the place) Then we called his parents, once we were done we called my grandparents from my dad side, then my grandparents from my moms side.. and I let them spread the news to everyone and I went and took a nap. Yes I told everyone the same day I found out.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? YES YES and YES.. I couldn't wait to find out.
.9. DUE DATE? February 2, 1996
.10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? OH heavens YES.. had it with all 5 of my pregnancies.. it started about 7 weeks along and lasted all day every day for 9 months. I lost 15 pounds with my 1st before I started to gain it back.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I craved to stop puking LOL.. With my 1st I didn't crave anything really I was sticking very closely to all those PG books and there healthy diets.. after the 1st I ate what I wanted when I wanted and felt much happier though my PG LOL OHHHHHHHHH I just thought of something I craved.. I craved Hot wings with Aubrie.. I had never even ate hotwing before I was PG with her but funny as sick as I was Hot Wings didn't bug me. go figure.
.12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My grandmas(from my dads side) sister in law. She found out the name I was going to name my 1st if she would have been a boy and it was the same name as her son(who i had saw twice in my( at that time) 23 years and who I haven't seen since) she wrote me a nasty letter telling me I was NOT allowed to name my baby that.. OH if I wasn't set on that name before then I sure was when she sent that letter.. I don't take to kindly to being told what I can and can not name my child LOL OH BTW the name would have been Corbin
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Oh No.. I wanted a girl 1st from the time I meet my DH. He was one of 3 boys and there was already 2 grandsons that his parents had So I wanted to have the 1st girl in his family.. and I did. 5 months later my BIL and SIL had a little girl also which was perfect and fun so that the cousins could grow up together and be friends.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? Like I said above I lost 15 pounds from morning sickness before I started to gain. Then I gained that 15 pounds back but the doctor didn't count that as gain. After I got back to my starting weight I gained 25 pounds.
16. Did YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes two of them. One with family and friends before I had the baby and One with my church family after the baby was born
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about them both
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not really, awful morning sickness the whole time and the last two days my blood presser was really high which worried the doctor a little
.19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In the hospital of the town I live
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? way too many(but much shorter then my last two) two days before she was born I had went shopping with my mom and we must have walked and shopped for about 8 to 10 hours.. That night My back was killing me I mean killing me.. I didn't think anything of it because I knew how much walking we had done. The next morning woke up and was still hurting alot.. still didn't think anything of it.. AT Noon that day I had an OB appt. while there the doctor did an exam and said to me "Do you know your in labour" I was all like "I am???" Yes dear you are you are already 2 1/2 cm and about 90% effaced. He told me to Go home and start timing contractions when they get 5 mins apart for an hour to give him a call.. Well that was about 5:30pm when that took place and I was at the hospital by 6pm.. ONLY I labour LONG.. to make this story shorter after pushing for over 2 hours I had my baby at 6:10AM So you do the math on that one.. LOL I know I was in the hospital 12 hour and 10 minutes and I know 6 hours before that the doctor told me I was in labour.. so there is over 18 hours but do I count the whole morning and night before that point I don't know.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My mom, DH was in college at the time and had a test that night so I told him to go take it and I would call him when it was time to head to the hospital, he wanted to stay home and I told him to go so he went.. I should have left him stay home because I called in the middle of his test and he rushed out of there and meet me at the hospital. If i knew it was going to take so long to have baby I would have told him to finish the test. LOL
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? DH the nurses and the doctor, my mom was out in the hall way.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? natural without a single tear, cut or stitch
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! OH YES YES YES, I had Pain medicine.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?? 6 lbs 2 1/2 oz and 19 1/2 inches long
28. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? None at all she got a 9.9 on her scores I asked what she lost the . 1 for and they said because she came early.
29. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? January 18, 1996
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
oh how I wish I could share her name with you all but since this is a blog and everyone in the world can read it I'll just call her My little Princess. BUT I love all my children's names.
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 11 years 6 months and 1 day old
One day I might need to do post of this meme for all my kids.. but today it's only about Princess my 1st.
I'm going to invite all my mommies readers out there to play along in this and then come back over and let me know if you did so I can go read about how you became a mom. If you can't get to this today, that is ok do it when you have time, but don't forget to drop me a comment to let me know when it is up and ready. This will be fun.
Today for my Thursday 13 post.
I give you 13 very talented little girls.
This is Princess traveling Tournament Fastpitch team. This past weekend they took 2nd place in the tournament they played in. This is a wonderful group of young ladies
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Today my wordless Wednesday isn't going to be very wordless. I have been taking pictures to share on my blog about stories and events that have been going on this summer but because I'm out enjoying our summer, I just haven't had time to blog about things right way like when they happen. Like this past weekend Princesses traveling fastpitch tournament team bought home the 2nd place trophy but I haven't had time to get those picture online yet so the blog post about that won't be coming till later..
So this week for my wordless Wednesday post I thought I would share some pictures from one of our weekends away.
This weekend was a big tournament for Princess tournament team and they had a TON of games on Friday she played 5 games and 4 games on Saturday and 3 on Sunday. The tournament was like 1 1/2 hours away so we got a hotel this weekend These are some of the pictures I took with my camera phone.. The other pictures from our normal camera I haven't got around to getting on line yet.. on the other camera there are pictures of the ball tournament and of the kids swimming in the hotel.. but from my camera phone that weekend here is what we got.
Sweet pea in the breakfast room at the hotel
Mr Man enjoying his breakfast
and can't forget Little Man. DH and Princess had already took off to the ball park and I meet up with him later on. I skipped the 8am game that day just to early to be trying to keep little man happy at the ball park for my taste so we ate and hit the pool and then made it to the ball park for the 2nd game of the game.
After the tournament the team all meet up at DQ for just some fun time. The picture above and below are of that.
As you can tell a Great time was had by all this weekend.. They did really well in the tournament but didn't make it to the championship game.
This team plays 10 or 11 tournaments.. they have played in 9 so far IIRC.
They have came home with the 1st place trophy once so far and 2nd place ones twice. Princess is the oldest on the team the rest of the team are younger It's a 10U team So if you were 10 years old or younger on Jan 1, 2007 you could try out for this team.. Princess turned 11 on Jan 18, 2007 so she is the oldest alot of the girls on the team are 8 and 9 years old.. So for a young team they are really doing extremely well. This is Princess last year playing 10U. Next year she moves up to the next group.
Well I hope you enjoyed my wordless Wednesday EVEN though it wasn't very wordless.
For more Wordless Wednesday fun, click here or check out 5 minutes for mom
This week for Time Travel Tuesday, Annie @ My Life As Annie, has asked us to share our favorite memory/s from our time at summer camp.
I spent one week every summer at Camp Patmos on Kelly's Island. It was THE BEST.
My 1st year going to camp I was 9 years old just finished the 3rd grade and it was me, and my two friends, Robin and Kathy(in the above shot I'm in the visor). Robin was 10 and had been to camp the year before and Kathy was my age and it was her 1st time to go also.. The 3 of us went to camp together the same week from that point onto high school. At that point Robin stopped going and Kathy was working on staff at camp. During my Jr Years at camp one of my favorite things to do was go sailing on the camp sail boats. Above in the boat and below is Kathy in the girls cabin area with a boat behind her.One of my other favorite pass times was riding in the ski boats.. I gave skiing a few tries when I was a younger camper but wasn't very good at it.. not the boogie boards I could do, did those on my knees so I guess you can say knee skiing. The photo below is my sister her 1st year of camp so it was my 3rd and one of the ski boats.Once we hit Jr High age and was going Jr High week to camp.. my friend Tina started going along with us to camp.. BUT we also started to look at boys as well(LOL) This year at lights out we got in trouble. There was 3 really cute staff member One was Brent, another was Doug and the last one was Steve.. I remember there names because the girls in my cabin made up a song where we kept singing over Brent, Doug, Steve, Brent Doug Steve. LOL we sang it over and over and over as loud as we could at lights out for about an hour. keep getting warning after warning UNTIL... BRENT, DOUG and STEVE came out made us get up get dress and was sent to punish us.. We had to go out at midnight, run lapse and do a bunch of silly racing things like run to the tree touch it, run back to the tree hug it, run back to the tree and kiss it..
This next picture is the year my sister and her friend Chrissy were old enough to go to camp Sr High week along with me. This shot is of them on the boat on our way to camp that year. Here is Chrissy writing her name on the walls. Back then it was ok to do that in the cabins.. years later they painted the cabin walls and that was the end of that.. Now that Princess is going to camp they are still using the same cabins but they are now drywalled. The guy above name was Mark he was a staff member we campers called him Mighty Mark. I can't recall if he was sail instructor or water front director but in any case it was on the lake.
This picture below is of Stacy, She is a friend of mine who went to camp with me while I was older.. she is the Aunt to T.D who goes to camp with My Princess now.
This shot is of my sister and Courtney. Courtney wasn't from our church but we meet her while in Jr High at camp and after that we always tried to plan when our group went to camp around when her group was going to camp. OH and like I mentioned before that when i was a Jr camper I couldn't ski.. but as a Sr High camper I figured it out. here are a few shots of that. Camp was not just all fun and games, since it was a church camp we had morning chapel and evening chapel and cabin devotions.. It was during these weeks at camp that really grew in my christian life and was drawn closer to God. I don't even know how to put into words how I grew and just how close my relationship was with God because of the preaching, teaching and studying of Gods Words during those weeks. Also there is just something about being around others who love the Lord that is just the greatest. The summer of 1992 I was one of those crazy staff members. It was the summer after my 1st year of college. Honestly the memories from that whole summer are my favorite memories from camp.. BUT we will save those stores for a time when we travel back to our favorite summer job or something. In the above shot I'm on the right at the top standing on the rail acting crazy. OH that was one fun summer.
Well thanks for time traveling with me this week.. even if I"m getting this post in much later then I normally do.