Thursday, July 19, 2007

A mothers meme.

I got this in my email today and thought it would be kind of fun to do it as a meme here in my blog.
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? yes, we were married for 6 months when I got PG

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? very excited because just a month before I found out I was PG I was told by my gyn. That It would be very hard for me to get PG that was if I could get PG at all.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NO NO NO NO NO NEVER!!!!!!!!!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 22 1/2 when I found out I was PG 23 and so many months when I had her

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a fact plus home test and got a T not a + or a - but a T, being young and dumb I thought that meant not PG so I went on fora few week thinking I wasn't until I started to puke my guts out all day long for a week then I went to the doctor who told me just 4 weeks before that, that I couldn't get PG, he did a test and sure enough I was 8 weeks along.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Well DH was with me so I didn't have to tell him, but as soon as we got home from the doctor we called my parents(they sort of knew since I was on vacation with them the week before when I was barfing all over the place) Then we called his parents, once we were done we called my grandparents from my dad side, then my grandparents from my moms side.. and I let them spread the news to everyone and I went and took a nap. Yes I told everyone the same day I found out.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? YES YES and YES.. I couldn't wait to find out.

.9. DUE DATE? February 2, 1996

.10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? OH heavens YES.. had it with all 5 of my pregnancies.. it started about 7 weeks along and lasted all day every day for 9 months. I lost 15 pounds with my 1st before I started to gain it back.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I craved to stop puking LOL.. With my 1st I didn't crave anything really I was sticking very closely to all those PG books and there healthy diets.. after the 1st I ate what I wanted when I wanted and felt much happier though my PG LOL OHHHHHHHHH I just thought of something I craved.. I craved Hot wings with Aubrie.. I had never even ate hotwing before I was PG with her but funny as sick as I was Hot Wings didn't bug me. go figure.

.12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My grandmas(from my dads side) sister in law. She found out the name I was going to name my 1st if she would have been a boy and it was the same name as her son(who i had saw twice in my( at that time) 23 years and who I haven't seen since) she wrote me a nasty letter telling me I was NOT allowed to name my baby that.. OH if I wasn't set on that name before then I sure was when she sent that letter.. I don't take to kindly to being told what I can and can not name my child LOL OH BTW the name would have been Corbin

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Oh No.. I wanted a girl 1st from the time I meet my DH. He was one of 3 boys and there was already 2 grandsons that his parents had So I wanted to have the 1st girl in his family.. and I did. 5 months later my BIL and SIL had a little girl also which was perfect and fun so that the cousins could grow up together and be friends.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? Like I said above I lost 15 pounds from morning sickness before I started to gain. Then I gained that 15 pounds back but the doctor didn't count that as gain. After I got back to my starting weight I gained 25 pounds.

16. Did YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes two of them. One with family and friends before I had the baby and One with my church family after the baby was born

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about them both

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not really, awful morning sickness the whole time and the last two days my blood presser was really high which worried the doctor a little

.19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? In the hospital of the town I live

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? way too many(but much shorter then my last two) two days before she was born I had went shopping with my mom and we must have walked and shopped for about 8 to 10 hours.. That night My back was killing me I mean killing me.. I didn't think anything of it because I knew how much walking we had done. The next morning woke up and was still hurting alot.. still didn't think anything of it.. AT Noon that day I had an OB appt. while there the doctor did an exam and said to me "Do you know your in labour" I was all like "I am???" Yes dear you are you are already 2 1/2 cm and about 90% effaced. He told me to Go home and start timing contractions when they get 5 mins apart for an hour to give him a call.. Well that was about 5:30pm when that took place and I was at the hospital by 6pm.. ONLY I labour LONG.. to make this story shorter after pushing for over 2 hours I had my baby at 6:10AM So you do the math on that one.. LOL I know I was in the hospital 12 hour and 10 minutes and I know 6 hours before that the doctor told me I was in labour.. so there is over 18 hours but do I count the whole morning and night before that point I don't know.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My mom, DH was in college at the time and had a test that night so I told him to go take it and I would call him when it was time to head to the hospital, he wanted to stay home and I told him to go so he went.. I should have left him stay home because I called in the middle of his test and he rushed out of there and meet me at the hospital. If i knew it was going to take so long to have baby I would have told him to finish the test. LOL

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? DH the nurses and the doctor, my mom was out in the hall way.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? natural without a single tear, cut or stitch

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! OH YES YES YES, I had Pain medicine.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?? 6 lbs 2 1/2 oz and 19 1/2 inches long

28. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? None at all she got a 9.9 on her scores I asked what she lost the . 1 for and they said because she came early.

29. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? January 18, 1996

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
oh how I wish I could share her name with you all but since this is a blog and everyone in the world can read it I'll just call her My little Princess. BUT I love all my children's names.


31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 11 years 6 months and 1 day old

One day I might need to do post of this meme for all my kids.. but today it's only about Princess my 1st.
I'm going to invite all my mommies readers out there to play along in this and then come back over and let me know if you did so I can go read about how you became a mom. If you can't get to this today, that is ok do it when you have time, but don't forget to drop me a comment to let me know when it is up and ready. This will be fun.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a good story. I did this one too. Thanks for putting it up. Mine is up too. I love to go back and remember all this. Such an awesome defining moment in our lives.

Melanie said...

I love this. I am going to do it too. Not today, but probably next week. I'll come back and let you know when it's done!