Friday, August 24, 2007

Faith-Lift Friday(August 24, 2007)

Encourage others and yourself! Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith.Don't forget to grab the button and to link back to Sheryl's post.


Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

While I was laying in bed Wednesday night trying to fall asleep, God put this verse into my heart When I was little we use to sing this verse as a song and I loved the song. I didn't forget about the verse but I had forgot about the song. Now I can't stop singing it. I can't wait for my kids to get home so I can teach it to them.

What a wonderful promise we have here from God. When things seem to be to much and life seems hard we have This promise from God.

Isaiah 40:29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
40:30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

4 comments:

Midlife Mom said...

AMEN SISTER!

Annie said...

I love that verse, it encourages me often too!
Thanks for sharing.
♥ ya.
annie

A Captured Reflection said...

That is a great verse, and I so often forget it in the midst of tiredness, so it was a refreshing reminder.

Anonymous said...

I love that scripture and song!
Thanks for posting such a refreshing reminder.
Have a blessed week!