Thursday, August 30, 2007

summer time at the movies.

Think I'll stick with the summer time theme today, seeing how I did summer time fun pictures for WW yesterday. The kids are back in school, but I'm no where ready to say goodbye to summer. It makes me sad I wish the kid had another month off.
Besides swimming, camping, baseball, softball, t-ball and all the other out in the sun summer time fun.. one of the other things we love to do is go to the drive in and watch a movie.
In June and July it seemed like I was packing up the kids just about weekly and heading to the movies.. Grab a blanket and a pillow, load up an ice chest and pop some popcorn grab a few camping chairs and order and pick up a pizza on the way and you are all set for a fun filled night out under the stars.. or if it was too hot or cold climb into the van and stay warm or cool off.
I went alone with Just me and Princess, We went as a family, I went alone just me and the 3 younger kids, and there was time the kids took friends with them. and One night after a t-ball game I even went with a big group of moms and kids.. it is a blast.
I have had these pictures in my blog since July.. they were taken back in June and July. I just never got around to blogging about it.. I'm so far behind on pictures and stuff that I wanted to share..

So much to blog so little time.
School has started back this week.. you think I would find more computer time.. but so far this week I have got less. LOL..
One of these days I'll post about the 1st days of school.. but it won't be today ;P
Happy Thursday Everyone.

5 comments:

MOPS said...

We love the drive in! Went for the first time this year! Had a blast!

palmtreefanatic said...

We went to the Drive inn this year as well! we only went 1 time in fact it was like my 1st time in like 30 yrs!
Evan almighty the movie playing on this screen was the one movie we saw!
The kids wanted to stay for the 2nd but i am such an early person staying up this late would have killed me! it was late for me as it was;)

Glad you all enjoyed going so much! That was great memories, I am sure!!! You are such a good mom!

The Edwards said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. We really enjoy the drive-in. Most of the time we went on Sunday nights.

Julie Luse said...

OH what fun!!! I miss drive in movies so bad! Thanks for the post.

Fantastagirl said...

I've never been to a drive in - but that looks like a great time! I think your kids will remember that for years to come. Oh the memories you have created for them this past summer - how awesome!