Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm so not organized

Honestly I have to be the most unorganized person in the world. Normally this doesn't bug me at all, but now with having 4 children who are getting older and are into all sort of activities and with them starting school tomorrow I need to find some sort of order.

I spent 4 yes that would be FOUR!!!! hours today trying to find a new shirt i bought for My Princess as part of her new school cloths. My house isn't all that big 1400sq feet and I can't find one shirt. The reason i couldn't find it was because IT WASN"T HERE!!!! she had wore it to church a few weeks back and then went over my grandmas house. You think after i looked in every room in the house I would think to call one of the grandmas but no. I didn't want to hear the "a place for everything and everything in it's place" talk from my mom or my grandma. So i spent hours looking only to have my grandma call me after i'm ready to pull my hair out. As we were talking i just mentioned you wouldn't happen to have Princess shirt would you.. and low and behold she did. UGH!!!!!
So insteed of the everything in it's place talk I got the why do you wait till the last minute talk. I was told how she had her boys school cloths pressed and ready to go a month befor school start and I should have started getting this stuff ready at the start of Aug. and not wait till the day before hand.

I know i need to get my act together a bit more then i do, but planning ahead has never been my stong point. I seem to do well taking things as they come, one day at a time, one activity at a time and when one is over move on to the next. ~sigh~ looks like I'm going to have to toss that out the window now with school here and all the other activities since they all seem to overlap each other.

How does one get organized and stay that way? I seem to get everything together and in order and think i have my act inline about 3 or 4 times a year only to find in a few week everything is everywhere again and I"m back to just getting what i need done to make it though that day. How on earth do some of these ladies keep up with it all. One would think being a stay at home mom my house would be in order but honestly it was much much cleaner and less cluttered when i was working.(ture that was when i only had 2 kids not 4 but still)

Ok I'll stop venting about needing to get organized now and go see what i can do about getting that way.

No comments: