Saturday, December 09, 2006

Sunday Six(Advent style) 12/10/06

I know it's not Sunday yet, but I'm going to have a really busy day tomorrow so we are doing our Sunday six on Saturday. This week Kelly wanted to see what the kids know about Advent. I thought this should be a funny one since we don't celebrate advent, shoot the 1st time i had ever heard of advent was 7 years ago when Princess was in her 1st year of preschool. the church she(and Mr Man and Sweet Pea now)went to preschool at celebrated Advent so I thought that they all might know a bit about it. I found out i was wrong LOL..
Here are the questions.
1. What is Advent?
2. What do you do for Advent?
3. How many days do we celebrate Advent?
4. What happens when Advent is over?
5. What else do we count down to?
6. What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks?


Sweet Pea answered 1st and might have had the best answers but then again she is still in preschool LOL
1) a calender
2)tear them off to see how much is left oh and eat the candy
3) i don't know
4) Christmas
5)I don't know
6)Play in the snow


Next we brought Mr Man in and asked him the same questions here is what he had to say.
1) What is Advent? (that is what i just asked you) Yeah I know so tell me what it is so i can tell you. so i told him what it was and he said OK then write that down.
2) set up a Christmas tree
3)12??
(where did you come up with 12 the song 12 days of Christmas?) No we are doing 12 days of celebration in our Christmas program.
4) we open up our presents.
5) Christmas
6) getting a hermit crab
.(he was asking for a hamster, which isn't happening then he said, OK I'll just ask Santa for a hermit crab LOL) the 3 older kids shared 3 hermit crab but one died last night so maybe I'll have to see what Santa can do)

Then Mr Man went back to Playing and I called Princess in
1)What?(so i repeated the question) she said What, I don't know.
2)I don't know. Do all these have to do with Advent?
3) This is stupid I don't know(Mr Man yells to her say 12 the answer is 12) So she said 12.
4) It's Christmas.
5) My birthday, well i do
6)presents. Can i go now? Mom really!!! don't write that down.


there you have out Sunday six by Sweet Pea 4 years 10 1/2 months, Mr Man 7 years and Princess 10 yrs 10 1/2 months

1 comment:

Bluepaintred said...

ever cute! my kids had no idea what an advent was wither. come to think of it, i dont know myself. but thats ok. i will be postin gmine tommorrow :o)