Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Past #7


Post #7 in my post of Christmas Past is Christmas 2002. This Was Sweet Peas first Christmas,and our 1st Christmas as parents of three kids.
I had this photo taken middle of November and it went in all the Christmas cards. Princess was 6 yrs 10 months old and in the 1st grade(Mr Man is a 1st grader this year) Mr Man was 3 years old, and Little Sweet Pea was 9 1/2 months old.
I think in my last Christmas post that I was due with Sweet Pea on Feb 14,2002 but my baby girl thought January 29, 2002 would be a better day to be born.
The Church Christmas program is what I remember the most about this Christmas. It was a little different then in the past, us Sunday school teachers didn't have to pass out parts and such, they did it more(they being the ladies who took over the duties of putting the program together) like a children's Christmas cantata where the kids just stood on stage singing and a narrator read. Except for Mr Mans 2 and 3 year old class they did there normal little finger play and song. if I recall correctly it went like so
A Stable
A Manger
with animals all around
The Baby is sleeping
Let's tip toe
and not even make a sound
Who is that Baby
Sleeping in the Hay
It's Jesus
I guess it was a good thing that I didn't have to be on stage or taking care of my class that year because Sweet Pea was in major mommy mood and was having a melt down every time I even tried to pass her off for a minute to get a good pic of the other 2 doing there parts.
Little did I know that was going to be our last Christmas at that church and that next Christmas we would be starting new Christmas traditions with a new church family.

No comments: