Friday, October 03, 2008

Know and Tell Friday (10/3/08)


1. Do you have fake plants in your house? Do you like them? Yes I do.. sure I like them.. I can't kill them.

2. What is the oldest piece of furniture you have that is not an antique? LOl it would be easier to answer what is the newest piece of furniture in my house.. seeing how most everything in my house was given to us when we got married or when other family members got something new. Lets see our dinning room table was DH's grandma's table from when my MIL was a kid. The dinning room and living room furniture was my grandparents but they bought it shortly after Princess was born so it's not really all that old at all. The boys bedroom set was my great aunts that she used for her sons(who were about my age) and when they were grown and gone she passed the set on to me. and mine and DH's bedroom set was my parents I don't remember when they got it, as far as I know it is older then me. The dressers in the girls room were mine when I was growing up, but it was passed on to me by my dad's uncle who's dd used it. so I'm sure that is getting up there in age also. I still have the matching twin bed frame for it, but the girls don't use that since getting the loft bed(which was my brothers when he was in college) and the double bed.

3. Do you have any antiques? Well since I'm not sure what makes something old an antique i don't know.. I do have a table lamp that my MIL said was her mothers and her mom had it as long as MIL could remember. and I do have DH's grandma's really old salt and pepper shakers(that sits in the window collecting dust) but who knows if they are antiques.

4. What type of dishes do you use? China, stoneware, Corella, Tupperware, paper plates? Yes all of the above. If at all possible I will pick the paper plate above having to wash dishes though.

5. What is your favorite thing in your house? my family

6. Do you like to use lamps or overhead lighting? lamps gives a more homelike feeling, but when I want to see or I need alot of lights give me the overhead lighting.

7. Are you a pristine white wall person or do you love color? Oh I was a big time white wall person when we 1st got married and when we bought the house.. I painted every room in the house white except for Princess's bedroom which was cotton candy pink. when Princess moved to the bigger room for Mr Man to have that room we changed the color to tan. Then two years ago I took my white walls to all tan walls.. I'm adventurous cant you tell. LOL I still want to redo the kitchen into a dark red-ish color though. and my bedroom is still white and so is Princess's I wouldn't mind changing mine to tan and the girls want to do there room in purple last time we talked about it.

So there you have my answers this week. Head on over to Kayren's for more great Know and Tell Friday fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!

post signature

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love your answer to your favorite thing in your house! That's AWESOME! As for paper plates and fake plants, you sound like me! LOL!

Kayren said...

I almost did family for my answer to favorite things...I'm glad you did that!

Someday I might do red walls in a room. I really want to, but I don't know if I'm brave enough. It would take so much paint to make it the right deep color, and then so much paint to paint back over it again some day, because I know I'd have to change it someday.

Thanks for playing this week, KC.

~ Kayren

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I love that you said your family was your favorite thing, too.
It does take a sort of gradual process to go for big color on your walls. I remember when I painted our first house all tan--that was such a big deal to me! Now, I'm color crazy-ha!

Fantastagirl said...

I have red walls in my kitchen and LOVE THEM!!! They are awesome.
The only wall that is white is the hallway and that's because we ran out of living room paint (looks kinda like chocolate milk). Our room is a light green, Pans' room is spongebob blue, and Tink's is pink on pink, with a little more pink.
Bathroom is now a greyish blue, was BRIGHT YELLOW - and I kinda miss that now.

Color isn't a bad thing...

Jodi said...

Ooooo red walls!! I would love to do one of our rooms in red, but hubby says NO!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I have also inherited half of everything as hand me downs from relations and so forth getting rid of stuff.

palmtreefanatic said...

Red is daring and fun! I hope some day you do it and post it;)

I love paper plates anything for quick easy cleanup! YES!

Great answer for best thing is your house!