Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Remember When Meme. #1 fall memories.

I Remember When hosted at MomOf3Girls.net


While reading though my bloglines today I popped over to Deb's blog and saw that she has started a new fun meme called I Remember When.. you can Click here to learn more about this meme Here is what Deb said for this weeks I Remember When. "What are your ‘fall’ memories from when you were a kid? Join in and share here at Mom of 3 Girls!"
My fall memories were racking leaves, and jumping in them for hours and hours.. We use to burn the leaves also and I can still smell that smell you only get from burning leaves.. I love that smell so totally takes me back to my childhood falls. My mom also use to make homemade apple sauce and I use to love the smell of the apples cooking.. YUMMMMM..
Here are few photos I had online from when I was a kid in the fall.
This 1st shot is really hard to see it was taken in the Fall of 1979. I was about 6 years old, I'm the one standing, my sister was 4 year old and my brother was 1 years old. Well seeing how mine and my sisters birthday are in Nov I'm guessing we were closer to 7, 5 and my brother about 17 or 18 months.

These next two shots were either Oct 31 or the first few days of November 1984I couldn't find a real pumpkin shot so I'm using these because my mom made our birthday cake a pumpkin this year. My birthday is Nov. 9, 1972 but my sister's was Nov. 1, 1974 So many years we had our party around Halloween and we always did our party together.
The people in this top pic from L to R back row, My mom, her sister Aunt D aunt D's husband(uncle C) and my mom's mom my grandma who is no longer with us. Center Row L to R. My cousin KJ, My Brother L, and my other cousin D. and in the Front row me at my 12th b-day party and my sister at her 10 year party.Don't you just love those big glasses I'm supporting in these pics, LOL what was my parents and I thinking LOL. OH Man i just thought of something even better then my hair cut and my glasses OH ME.. you see the matching shirts we have on, well they were part of our birthday gifts from my grandma(she also got my cousin KJ her shirt) and it just didn't come with the shirt, they came with matching leg warmers in the same lovely color of blue with the different color strips and the unicorns on them.. I was such a nerd, i though they were cool LOL
We really didn't have too many fall traditions and now that i'm a mommy we still don't.. We still do the rack the leaves and jump in them thing, and trick or treat.. but no big traditions.. To end this I Remember When.. I'll give you another older picture but not too old.. It's my kids after they made a leaf pile to jump in back in Fall 2005
Princess 9 1/2 years old, Mr Man a month away from turning 6, Sweet Pea 3 1/2 years old and Little Man 5 months old.


post signature

2 comments:

Deb said...

Those are wonderful pictures, KC! I remember the smell of burning leaves too - I know it's bad for the environment and all, but it was just so much a part of fall back then and I miss that smell.

I'm 2 years and 3 days older than you are... :)

I love the pictures with the pumpkin cake and the one of your kids in the leaves too - thanks so much for participating! :)

Nicole said...

Those pictures are wonderful K. I so remember those outfits... lol.. Your kids are adorable as always. We are having our mini photo shoot this weekend for our christmas cards, I will have to let you know how it goes. Your kids always cooperate so much better than mine in photo's :) I was meaning to blog our weekends pictures, but my internet was down, I will get to it soon ! Have a good rest of the week !!!!