Friday, October 10, 2008

Faith-Lift Friday(10/10/08)


John16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


The Bible study I did this week had to do with peace and the things that jumped out at me, I and served as a great reminder were these.
#1 . My freedom and fullness of joy has nothing to do with anyone in this realm. My comfort and peace rests with the One who holds everything in His hands.

#2"Have you noticed that when you pray for patience you'll have lots of opportunities to practice being patient? If we are concentrating on living in peace (with all men, women, children, relatives, co-workers, drivers, and other believers) we need to be prepared for the inevitable onslaught of less-than-peaceful circumstances. Get ready for strife! " (written by Nancy, Roost Bible study spring 2008)
#3 We are in battle, we are always in Battle. ". The question is whether we are engaging our enemy or succumbing to defeat"
#4 is the good news we have been made conquerors already in all things.
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

post signature

2 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

I love that first one. reminds of the one (don't remember verse);;I am not of the world, I do not give as the world gives.....such a comfort in these dismal weeks :)

Midlife Mom said...

Yes, we are in a battle and always will be in a battle. May be strive to be ready!

Loved your Meme in your last post! Great story about you and hubby. Happy anniversary on the 29th! xoxo