Thursday, October 09, 2008

Some Friday Fun.

It's been awhile since I have been tagged, but this week I got tagged twice.. So I thought today I would try to play along..
So I took care of rule #1 already and I guess the picture takes care of rule #2.. Now to try to think of 7 random facts about myself.

#1 I am the oldest of 3 children. My sister is 2 years younger then me and my brother is 5 1/2 years younger.. that being said I'm the shortest of them all. I'm 5'1 my sister is something like 5'9 or 5'10 and my brother is 6'2 or 6'3


#2 I accepted Christ as my Savior at a young age.. I was 4 years old.. I prayed and asked the Lord to save me on March 21, 1976 while kneeling by my parents bed, after Dad had told us a bedtime story. The 1st thing I did after becoming a christian was called my grandma and grandpa who lived in PA at the time to tell them that I just got saved.

#3 I met my DH when I was in 3rd grade at our church group sort of like Awana's. He was older then me and didn't even know I was alive LOL.. He was a 6th grader.. but I had a crush on him from that point on. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell him I still do. ;)

#4 even though I had a crush on DH since the 3rd grade he didn't really pay any attention to me at all until I was in Jr High and even then he just thought of me as sort of a kid sister(LOL.. hummmmmmm don't know what to make of that LOL) he was the guy I went to when I needed advice on guys.. like what to do if this guy did this or that.. or when I wanted to break up with one of my boyfriends but didn't want to hurt him.. DH gave me advice and I use to call him Dr. Love mind you I still had a crush on him but he was clueless.

#5 my freshman year in high school, his senior year, I became a stalker, well not really.. but I did go out of my way taking the long way to every single one of my classes even walking though hallways where I didn't need to be.. Just so after every class I could pass DH in the halls and we could say hi or slap each other five or what ever.. It use to tick my friend off.. but I thought it was really cool.. and because I did that, that year DH and I really became great friends we knew each other then not only from church but also he saw me after every bell.. and since he thought of me as a friend at that point in time he would come up and talk with me and sit with me at football games(he girlfriend didn't like that much) or basketball games so on.. He use to stop by my house if he saw me outside he would stop by and hang out for hours.. and are you ready for this.. He would let me wear his girlfriends class ring when I went with him and his friends places like when they were playing tennis he would hand me the class ring to hold so he wouldn't loss it SNORT..

#6 Well the summer after he graduated his girlfriend broke up with him. he was heart broken.. and I thought.. HERE IS MY CHANCE.. well yeah my chance to be his shoulder to cry on.. then one day a few weeks later he came to my house and he was all happy and smiling.. I thought WONDERFUL he is over the EX and now maybe I stand a chance.. But guess what.. he had big news already.. HE HAD A NEW GIRLFRIEND... stupid stupid man.. I was mad at him.. so very mad at him.. Then I didn't seem him again for the longest time you know new girlfriend and all.. it was months before I saw him again(spending all the time with the new girlfriend and all) but when he did come back around they were broke up.. but I was sort of still mad at him still telling my parents and friends how stupid he was and how I couldn't stand him he was so dumb.. LOL..

#7 April 1, 1989 my sophomore year in high school we went on our very 1st date.. though I didn't really know it was a date, LOL.. I mean I thought it was since he asked me out to see a movie.. BUT I didn't really know if he asked me asked me out or if he asked me out as a friend going with a friend to see a movie. That was until he reached over and held my hand in the movie..
that next week we spent every day together doing one thing or an other such as just hanging at my house.. or going to church, or open gym volleyball, or him teaching me how to drive(I had my driving test the next week) on our drive we did a dinner out or a walk around the lake sort of making my driving time date time also. and by April 8, 1989 at 10:05pm He gave me his class ring and asked me to be his girlfriend. We have been together ever since.. with a few fights and short break ups along the way.. you know I break up with you two days later back together sort of things..

Goodness when I sat down to write my random things about me I never set out to make it all about my DH.. but I guess he is on my mind with our 14 year wedding anniversary coming up this month.. Yes Oct 29, 1994 we got married.. so 14 years this month.. though we have been together for 19 1/2 years now.. goodness that is forever LOL.. I was only 16 when I started dating him and I'll be 36 next month.. Man I'm getting old..;P

In any case there is 7 random things about me.. next time I'll try to make it more interesting, I promise.

now to tag some people


#1 Shaundra over at The Edwards


#2 Annie at My Life As Annie


#3 momof3 over at Mom of 3




#5 Shana at My 3 Wisemans


#6 Kristi at Music Mom of 2


#7Courtney at Ouiet Chaos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2nd tag I got this week was from Shana @ My 3 Wisemans This is a fun and easy tag.
The Rules:
Go to your pictures, find the 4th file, then the 4th picture and post it.
Tell the story behind the picture in your post.
Then pick 4 people to tag.

Here is the picture
It's Little Man in the church nursery on Sunday Aug 3, 2008 My sister was home from TX and it was there last Sunday with us, so I went down during church and started snapping pictures of all my kids and her girls.. and this was one of them I took of Little Man. don't you love that laughing smile.
Now who to tag..
#1 Pam over at You're Gonna Miss This
#2Stacy over at Under My Rock
#3 Tina the Palm Tree Fanatic

post signature

8 comments:

Jen said...

Your little man sure is cute!! Happy Early Anniversary! It's right around the corner! It's always good to see people together and still much in love! I love it!

Thanks for the tag! I already did something pretty similar to this in the post below my last post you commented on. Cept I did the 6th album, 6th picture down. Feel free to tag me anytime though :) It's fun!

Pam said...

Love the picture of little man! Too bad my messy basment is what comes up in picture 4 of file 4! can i clean out some files before i play along!?!

Oh and btw... you are such a young thing! (i turned 36 in July) ;)

Courtney said...

I like both of your tags and I may steal your idea for the 7 random facts if you don't mind.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Happy "early" anniversary should I forget to wish you one when it comes.

Great post!!!

Kristi said...

That's one of those pictures that you can hear the laugh out loud when you see it. This was a fun tag.

Anonymous said...

I loved your random things about you and your DH. It was sooo interesting to read about the two of you.

And that picture is soooo cute. i love that huge smile!

Anonymous said...

I finally did this!

palmtreefanatic said...

mines up for both memes, cute pic you have there;)
have a great weekend!