Monday, June 23, 2008

June 08 Camping Trip day 1

It has been one week since we left for our camping trip.. and I'm starting to get organized enough to get the pictures online. Our first day camping was Monday June 16, 2008, Our camping spot was on Lake Erie. We got up to the lake between 2 and 3 in the afternoon on Monday and set up camp. This is a picture I took with my cell phone looking in the front door of our tent at one side of the tent. While DH and I got the tents set up and the beds blown up and things organized The kids entertained themselves Little Man played with his cars and trucks in the dirt(his new favorite pass time I think LOL)
While the older kids found a grassy area next to our campsite and they threw the baseball around.
Sweet pea throwing the ball to Princess.

Mr Man catching a ball thrown by Princess
And Princess ready to get the ball once Mr Man threw it to her.
After we got everything together we loaded up the van and took a drive a few minutes down the road to the local walmart where we loaded up on food for the week, and some other stuff we needed for camping. Then we headed back to the campground.
At this point it was 6pm and my parents had made there way over. They came out to help us out with the use of there van.. We didn't have room to pack the fishing gear, or the blongo game or the kids bikes.. all of which we thought would make the camping trip that much more fun, So my parent brought there van and all that stuff out to us..
While there Dad took the kids fishing..
The pictures below are from while they were fishing.
Princess relaxing on the rocks.
Not so relaxing when you get slashed with a wave.


Sweet Pea caught the biggest fish of the day.
After fishing we came back to the camp and we had a brats and hot dog cookout and after we ate my parents left and we cleaned up and by then it was dark and it was time for the campfire.
after sitting around the campfire and roasting marshmallows the kids were tired and went into the tent and went to sleep, DH and I stayed up about an hour longer and spent time by the fire.Then we called it a night also, but I had to snap this shot of the full moon before heading into the tent.(oh and yes my mother left me her camera so I didn't have to keep taking pictures with my cell phone.. Love ya mom.)This was the end of the first day.

post signature

8 comments:

SportsMum said...

Great pics! What a beautiful family...

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

It amazing how dirty Lake Erie has gotten since I was a child. Hopefully, the baxteria levels were at bay during your trip.

palmtreefanatic said...

looks like lots of fun!
great pics!

Anonymous said...

OH my Gosh! You really do Camp! That's camping...the kind I don't want no part off...I'll stick to my kinda camping, but either way it's still loads of fun! Thanks for stopping by my page!

Deb said...

Welcome back - looks like it was a great trip! Love all of the pictures. :)

Jen said...

Welcome back! Loved all the great pictures! Now, I'm ready for vacation. Very jealous! I loved the pic of princess relaxing and then the next shot after the wave hit her. LOL! cracked me up :)

Anonymous said...

I am feeling a little guilty. I don't fish, and I don't sleep outside. You are a FUN mom!