Friday, June 06, 2008

Faith-Lift Friday(June 6, 2008)


Colossians 4:1-6
1Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven.
2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
4 That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.
5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.


Yesterday I got an email from my sister, which she got from her bible study group leader. She thought I would enjoy it and she was correct, So I wanted to share it with all of you.


Here is the email:


Several of you asked for this: It is a side note in my bible called Seasoned with salt (referencing Col. 4:5-6).

Imagine you are getting out the ingredients to bake a batch of cookies, but you have unknowingly mixed up the salt and sugar. You end up putting in a dash of sugar and a cup of salt. Now picture a little child taking a big bite of one of those cookes. How long will it take the child to realize something is wrong? Do you think he or she will ask for another cookie? Of course not!

The art of seasoning is a matter of balance. Just enough salt to notice, but not too much to overwhelm. Salt creates thirst, a desire for more.

As Christians, we sprinkle the salt of God's grace and gospel into our daily conversations. We don't saturate every conversation in a way that drives others away. The artful seasoning of God's loving grace into our conversation will create a thirst, a desire in the lives of others. They will long to know more of Jesus.


post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent analogy! Thanks for sharing...and thanks for keeping on with the FLF's even while I've been MIA ;p

Now that we're starting to get settled in, I'll have to rejoin FLF's myself.