Friday, May 02, 2008

Faith-Lift Friday 5/2/08


Encourage others and yourself! Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

Psalms 116:1
I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.



All last night while trying to fall asleep and this morning when I woke up This song was playing over and over in my head. So I thought today for Faith-Lift Friday I would share it.

My Jesus, I Love Thee
by Willian R Feartherston


My Jesus, I love thee,
I know thou art Mine.
For Thee all the follies
of sin I resign
My gracious Redeemer,
My Savior art thou
If ever I love Thee,
my Jesus, tis now.

I love Thee because,
Thou hast first loved me
And purchased my pardon
on Calvary's tree
I love Thee for wearing
the thorns on they brow
If ever I love Thee
my Jesus tis now

I'll love Thee in life,
I will love Thee in death.
And praise Thee as long
as Thou lendest me breath
And say when the death dew
lies cold on my brow
If ever I love Thee
my Jesus tis now

In mansions of glory
and endless delight
I'll ever adore Thee
in heaven so bright
I'll sing with the glittering
crown on my brow
If ever I love Thee
my Jesus tis now.

To read others who are writing Faith-Lift Friday post this week, head over to Taking The Challenge

post signature

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I also like that song very much.

On a side note, blogline is great. It definitely cuts back a lot of time.

Tanja said...

I love this song. Kind of funny, but one time we were flying and the air got choppy. There was a lightning storm as we neared the ground for landing. The plane's engines were raring and then while in the middle of our descent and approach to the landing strip, we pulled straight up. It was the worst plane ride I'd ever had... and I sang this song in my head the whole time. "If ever I love, my Jesus 'tis now." It's the only thing that kept me from racing to the doors, screaming to let me off.