Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Time Travel Tuesday(where did you get that?)

It's party week... Are you ready to party??? You can find MY PARTY POST HERE.
It's Tuesday and time for some time traveling fun.
Our host for Time Travel Tuesday Annie, over at http://www.mylifeasannie.com/ had this for us today.
"Time traveling assignment for today:
Look around your house and find an object of interest.
Where did it come from?
Was it a gift from someone special or a gift for yourself? Tell all about it!
bonus: post a picture of your item!"

This is my item for the week.. My glider rocker. This Rocker was a baby shower gift from my Grandma(dad's mom) and my parents. They went in together for this item. They Got me over 100 other things each.. but my grandparents and my parents knew that I had been looking at this rocker because I wanted it to rock my very 1st baby in and I just loved the color and look of this one.. So together they surprised me with it. I got it a month, I think, before the baby was due.. and I placed it in our living room at our apartment we lived in at the time. I didn't want it in the baby's room because I wanted to use it all the time watching TV, visiting with people and all that fun stuff. I used it all the time from the moment I brought the baby home. This is a picture of a picture of Me in the rocker feeding Princess when she was 5 days old.. (Ummmm no I didn't nurse her, I only nursed the younger two. )
Now over 12 years later it sits in my family/dinning room mostly being used by the cats to sleep on during the day.. but also by the kids when they are watching TV out there. When we got the newer rocker recliners for the living room the plan was to get rid of the glider rocker, but when it came time to do it I couldn't part with it, because of the memories it held.. I know one day I should say good bye.. but today is not that day.
To visit others who are time traveling today or to play along head on over to Annie's blog
and don't for get to leave a comment and let me know you were here. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

4 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Such sweet memories it holds! I wouldn't be able to part with it either!

Anonymous said...

I'd probably never be able to part with it! What a wonderfully sweet gift!

Anonymous said...

Very special!

Melissa said...

What a sweet post. I couldnt get rid of it either. I still have my sons crib set. Cant bear to see it go!