Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Counting Your Blessings.

I thought about blogging on this topic on sunday while singing the song Count Your Blessings in church on sunday morning, but never got around to it.
Then today while reading blogs I came across this http://tinyurl.com/y8gsulover at Faith Lifts and it brought back to mind what I was thinking in church while we were singing.
I had mention the trouble earlier today that we were facing. Unsure if DH was going to have a job to go to by the end of the week and that was laying heavy on my heart. Then we were singing sunday morning and i started to really listen to the words of the song and though it God spoke to me.

Here are the words to the Song writen by Johnson Oatman, Jr.,
Count Your Blessings:

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,Count your many blessings, name them one by one,And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Refrain
Count your blessings, name them one by one,Count your blessings, see what God hath done!Count your blessings, name them one by one,Count your many blessing, See what God hath Done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,And you will be singing as the days go by.

Refrain

When you look at others with their lands and gold,Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;Count your many blessings. Money can not buy,Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

Refrain

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,Do not be discourage God is over all;Count your many blessings, angels will attend,Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.

Refrain


WOW!!! I have been sing that song for as long as I can remember, yet God used it this week to remind me of things he wanted to teach me. Like what do you do when your dicourage: Count your blessings and give thanks to God for them, I found once you start Thanking God for the blessings in your life, next thing you know your thanking him for the trails and heartackes also. and by doing that we are obeying Him. "Give thanks in ALL thing"

the 2nd verse hit home also.. are you ever burdend with a load of care? oh boy was I ever.. how would we make it a week or two without money coming in if DH's company went on strike or if they closed down, how would we pay the bills, keep the house, have gifts under the tree at christmas. I wasn't so much worried about food to eat because I knew between my family and DH's we wouldn't starve but they couldn't pay our expenses. well in that verse of the song Count your blesseings every doubt will fly and you will be singing as the days go bye. So that is what I did and God gave me a peace that we would all be OK. and he brought to mind,that he has promissed to provide all our needs. Also when we are counting our blessings and giving Thanks to God, it lifts our eye off of our problems and places them on HIM..

Last verse.. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,Do not be discourage God is over all..............Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.
What a wonderful thing to remember.. no matter what the trouble in our live be it big or little WE don't need to be discourage or down or fearful of it, God is in control. PRAISE GOD, He give us comfort and peace that you would never have without HIM and he is there helping us. An ever present help in times of trouble.

Amazing how God used this hymn to show me so much this week..
We truly do have an awsome God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes that is all we have. So powerless, when only HE has the answers. We have survived 4 layoffs but the first one was the hardest. Around xmas time and I worried about the house, the car, eating....oh my stomach.

We persevered and God did provide that year. Hang in there.