Monday, October 23, 2006

Faith Builder- Purpose in prayer.



On Saturday Oct 21, 2006. The Lord Called Little Canon back home to be with Him. Canon was just a little guy who in Sept under went a heart transplant and has been in the hospital ever since. and a few days ago suffered a stroke, and on Saturday the Lord stopped the pain and suffering and took him home.
Every mothers worst fear is to lose one of her children, My heart is breaking for Canons mom Carla. Yesterday at church we sang the song Day by Day, I had read about Carla and Canon on Saturday night, so as we sang this song sunday morning, My thoughts went to them and how Carla would need the Lord more then ever at this time. Here are the words to the song Day by Day


Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here,
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Ev'ry day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Power.
The protection of His child and Treasure,
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
As thy days thy strength shall be in measure,
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in ev'ry tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
Offered me with in Thy Holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the moments fleeing,
Till I reach the promised land.

writen by Lina Sandell

In I Thessalonians 4:13-18 God has this for us.
4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words


Dear Lord, we come to you now asking you to wrap your arms around Carla, her mother and her older two children, and also with Canons dad and the rest of the family in there time of lose. Give them peace and comfort that can only come from You. As your children you have a plan for our lives, we may not understand why heartbreak and pain is part of your plan, but we can take comfort in your Promisses to never leave us or forsake us, and that all things work together for good to them that Love You. Dear Lord Be with Canons family carry them though this time. These things we ask in Your name,

Two and a half years ago I miscarried my little love Alyssa, and I know the pain of loseing a child you held and raised and watch grow and then have to see him go though so much is so much greater, but at the time of loseing Alyssa and how my heart was breaking, God places a song in my heart that though tears I went around singing sort of as a way to remind myself that God was in control.

God Will Make A Way by Don Moen
God will make a way,Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see He will make a way for me
He will be my guide Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, God will make a way.

Today at Faith Lifts we are linking our pray to be sent on to Carla. If you would like to write a prayer on your blog for this family, you can link to the site useing the faith builder button on top or the faith lift link here. Let's all lift this family up to the Lord in Prayer not only today but in the weeks and months to come.

No comments: