Friday, September 12, 2008

Faith-Lift Friday(9/12/08)

Standing on the Promises of God

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.


Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.


Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

There are so many ways I could go with this post.. I mean the Promises of God are endless, but even better then that the Promises of God are True and we can test each one and find them never failing.

One Promise you can find in John 14:1-3
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.


In Hebrew 13:5 God promises to never leave us or forsake us
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

and a few more Promises.
Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


All of these promises of God has been placed upon my heart this week, and the line in the song I have bigger then the rest has been running though my heart and head.

Resting in my Savior as my all in all..

Last week I wrote about the young man just 18 years old who was hit by a drunk driver and passed away.. His mother Mama Lilly has wrote a few beautiful post about her son. while reading them that line went though my head again, Resting in my Savior as my all in all.
Please keep Mama Lilly and her family in your prayers.

post signature

No comments: