Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Reflection (party weekend)

What a weekend we had.. Oh my goodness I don't even know where to begin. Guess Friday would be a good place. My morning started with getting the kids off to school, the it was time to hit the stores, I needed food, balloons, streamers, plates cups napkins.
For you See Friday was Mr Man's kids birthday party. My kids got out of school at 11:30am Thankfully my grandpa took Mr Man and Sweet Pea out to lunch for me while I got the house clean and decorated and got Little Man down for a Nap.. Princess did her normal thing of hanging out at the coffee shop with her friends... Then her and her friend G. came home and helped clean the girls bedroom. At 2pm all my kids were home and awake and G had gone home. At 3pm the doorbell rang and we had our 1st party guest.
The Boys played inside and then as more and more came outside became the place to play, until 4pm. At 4pm we loaded up the van and headed off to Chuck E Cheese.. an hour south of our house.. Let me just tell ya being one can get ALOT of stuff to blog when one is driving six, 7 and 8 year old boys on a trip like that..LOL.. we will save those stories for a different day.
We got to CEC at 5pm and the kids had a blast until 8:30pm. We had 2 adults, 6 boys and then my girls. We left Little Man with Great Grandma, that was the best idea I have ever had. There would have been no way it would have been as enjoyable as it was if I was chasing a 2 year old around that place.
All the kids had so much fun.. playing games collecting there tickets and getting to pick out there prizes. Oh yeah and pizza LOL.. Here is Princess showing off one super long string of tickets she had just won while playing ONE game.

I'll have alot more party pictures to come in the near future but today this is it, These were the ones I took with my cell phone. I haven't had the time to get the rest of the weekend pictures off of my camera and onto my computer yet.. been a bit busy this weekend and I don't see things slowing up until after thanksgiving.. but I'll get them online after that.

Back to the party.. We got home at 9:30pm did gifts, and then cake and by 11pm had all the boys in there night cloths and there sleeping bags laid out on my living room floor popcorn popped and lights out while they watched a movie.. by the end of the movie all boys were asleep except Mr Man.. and well he is my son so I could just tell him to go to bed and he HAS to listen LOL.

The boys woke up at 7:30am and ate breakfast and got there stuff together and party was over at 9am

At 9:45AM Princess had her last volleyball game.. due to parents not picking up there kids I didn't get to her game until 10am.. but I did get to see most of the game so it wasn't too bad..
We got home about 11am and DH had to drop princess off at a pizza joint here in town for the Volleyball pizza party.
Then when he got home we at lunch and started cleaning up from the party the night before and cooking for the party that was going to take place in a few hours.
It was Mr Man's family party. Where we invite the grandparents over for dinner and cake. Though this year My Sister drove in from TX with her husband and 2 girls. Mr Man was thrilled thinking they were coming in for his birthday(shhhhh we won't tell him there here for Thanksgiving LOL)

This party started at 4pm and lasted till late...

Sunday my Grandpa wanted to have the whole family together for dinner after church but didn't have time to get his basement set up to hold the 16 of us so asked me if I would have us all over again on Sunday I told him yes... but then Saturday he changed his mind he got the basement ready and on Sunday the party was at his place.

So Sunday morning we went to church and after church came home changed cloths and went to my grandparents house for lunch and the Browns game... OH MY Goodness talk about a great ending to a game.. 8)
After the games I came home and got ready for PM church and Awana's.. I took my nieces A to Awana's with my kids and she was a little scared so I ended up staying in Awana's with the kids so she wouldn't be afraid.. I got some cute pictures of that that once I get time I'll get online also.
After pm church we went back to grandma's and stayed a bit..
Then we came home and got my kids ready for bed since they had school today..

I know Monday is not a weekend but I'll share a bit of my morning today also.
Sweet pea woke up not feeling 100% but I sent her to school anyways because she didn't have a fever.. but by 10am she was back home and now she is laying on the couch. UGH...

I also called the insurance company today to check on Little Man's speech and IT IS covered 100% Praise the Lord. I have a $15 copay for the 1st visit and then he is allowed 20 visits per calender year.. Which means he can go once a week for the rest of this year and it is covered and then I have what like 5 months into 2008 that will be covered, and hopefully he won't need all of those weeks in 2008 before he is where he needs to bed for his age.
I love when the Lord Answers prayers..

Well that is it for my weekend reflection for the week.
Tomorrow my niece is going to eat lunch with my kids at school, hopefully Sweet Pea will be feeling better and can go to school, she has her Thanksgiving feast tomorrow where the kindergartners will dress as Indians and the 1st graders as Pilgrims and I really don't want her to miss that fun. Then I have to pull them out of school early to take them to there dentist appointment.. the older 3 all have cleanings tomorrow.
I'm sure I'm going to be busy the rest of the week with my sister up visiting..

Besides all of this happy news(well not Sweet Pea being sick) our family also got some sad news this weekend. Last Sunday DH's Aunt was life flighted to a big city hospital because she had a brain aneurysm .. she had surgery on Monday last week and they thought she would be ok, but by Tuesday she had an infection and Pneumonia and on Wednesday they induced a comma for her.. On Saturday during Mr Man's party My MIL got the call saying they didn't except her to make it though the night. On Sunday morning they pronounced her brain dead and by 2:30pm on Sunday she had passed away. This all came as such a shock, my MIL has been in shock pretty much all of this past week, because her SIL(the one who passed) was in perfect health and just full of life until this past Sunday. So Please Keep My MIL and her brother and his family in your prayers.


MomOf3 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your DH's aunt. It is never easy to lose someone, and, when it comes so unexpectedly, it is unbearable. You are all in my prayers.

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday party for Mr. Man! I am taking notes for when my kids are old enough to have sleepover birthday parties! It sounds like a good time was had by all! :)

Melanie said...

What a busy weekend you had! I can't wait to hear some of the stories from the car ride to CEC.

I am so sorry to hear about your hubbys aunt. That is so sad. We just never know how much time we will have.

Maddy said...

Wow and I thought we were busy. Good for you.
Best wishes

Midlife Mom said...

I need a nap just reading all about your activites!! Nice to be young and have that energy. I guess I used to do the same things when I was your age and I had kids around all the time. It's a wonderful time of life, enjoy every minute of it even though sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming at times. We took the grand kids to Chuck E Cheese one weekend when we were in Portland but it's two hours away so don't go very often. It was wild there, the kids loved it and ran and ran having a blast. That was such a nice party you had for Mr. Man, an overnighter and all!

So sorry to hear about Hubby's aunt passing away. It's so hard when it is unexpected like that! My thoughts are with your MIL and family.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! I am having 20 this year so that will be a very managable number. I need to start making the yeast rolls tomorrow and go to the grocery store for the rest of the things that I haven't already picked up. Must remember to take the turkey out of the freezer too! lol!!

Marz said...

Oh,no! I'm so sorry to hear about dh's aunt :(

Holy camolies! You had how many boys sleep over?
Glad the parties were fun & everyone had a great time.
That is 1 loooong line of tix, lol.

Sorry Sweet Pea is sick, hope she feels better soon.

You sure have had a busy weekend, hope you get to relax a bit during the week, lol.

Heather said...

I am glad to hear the partys went well. Sorry to hear about Sweat Pea Miss Natalie was down Sunday night and Yesterday too. I spent the whole day disinfecting everything. I do not want anyone else to catch it!! I had to take something to the school yest and saw sweet pea's class lining up to come in from recess. I wondered where she was. hope she is feeling better soon. Also sorry to hear about dh's aunt. Prayers for your family.

Shana said...

Sounds like you had a fun party week-end. I know just how un-fun it is to chase a two year old around CEC!
So sorry to here about your loss. My grandma passed away 7 years ago from the same thing. She ended up with pneumonia too on top of the aneurysm. My pastor is still in the hospital due to his aneurysm. They are still unable to find the source of the bleed. Your family is in my prayers.

palmtreefanatic said...

So Sorry to hear about your Dh's Aunt! that is tragic! Sending you my prayers!!!

Looks like Mr. Man had a wonderful party built with Great memories I am sure! I love CEC and you are SO brave to do that party with only 1 other adult??? wow!

Hope Sweet Pea is feeling better!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

palmtreefanatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sniz said...

Wow, I hate stories of healthy people dying suddenly from health complications. It makes me feel so can happen to anyone! but on a lighter note, the party looks really fun!