Monday, September 03, 2007

Menu Plan Monday(9/3/07)

Monday ~ fair food from the Labor Day festival in mine and DH home town. followed by fireworks and a late bedtime for the kids :)

Tuesday ~ smoked sausage rice, green beans and apple sauces


Wednesday~ Chile with peanut butter sandwiches(except the girls don't like PB so who knows what sort of sandwich they might like)


Thursday ~Mac N Cheese Lasagna (a new recipe) salad and garlic toast.


Friday ~ pizza

I found this new recipe in the September news blog over at Got MOPS, it looked like something the kids would enjoy so we are giving it a try this week.
Mac N Cheese Lasagna
*can be done in crock pot!*
2 boxes mac n cheese- prepared
1 lb ground beef- browned, drained
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
In a casserole dish or crock pot, layer 1/2 mac n cheese, 1/2 hamburger & 1/2 sauce
Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese on top and then repeat the layers until you end with cheese covering the top!Preheat oven to 350 and let bake for 20 minutes and ENJOY!
* add pepperoni slices for a different taste

For more menu plan Monday post, visit Laura's blog!

13 comments:

palmtreefanatic said...

I thought this lasagna looked good too! I may try that next week!
we are eating pizza 2 times this week! lol!
looks like a tasty menu!

Mama Pajama said...

Thursday looks delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe! Have a great week!

Char said...

Sounds like a great week! Thanks for stopping in today.

Christi said...

That smoked sausage rice sounds fantastic.

Enjoy the fireworks tonight - have a great week!

tegdirb92 said...

I've tried that mac and cheese lasagne and it is really good. Great meal plan this week.

Country Girl At Heart said...

Thank you for visiting proverbswife.blogspot.com

I am currently looking for new recipes that can work for a family of six. I think that the mac and cheese lasagna might be a winner. Once I make it will take pictures and post it. This will be a great recipe to add to my freezer meals as well. Thanks again for visiting.

Hadias

Jammy said...

Oh wow, does that recipe EVER sound sooo good! Have a wonderful week!

Jenn

annie said...

Happy Monday!
Your menu looks delicious!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

Lu said...

Mac n cheese lasagna sounds really good and quick. We mix mac and cheese with hamburger meat soemtimes, but I've never heard of it in the crock pot! I might steal this one!!! :)

Frdgrl27 said...

Mmmm! I just made that for lunch sunday! DELICIOUS!!! Glad you checked out the MOPS site! Have a great tuesday!

mjpuzzlemom said...

Looks good. I stole the crockpot lasagna recipe... thanks for sharing!


MJ

Susan said...

The Mac and Cheese Lasagna looks like the perfect meal for when my Mac&Cheese loving niece comes to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Marz said...

Mmm.. all sounds good.
I really shouldn't read your blog this late at night, especially when I'm trying to lose weight, lol!