Thursday, September 20, 2007

Faith-Lift Friday


Encourage others and yourself! Share a scripture, quote, devotional, lyrics, or anything that has blessed you and strengthened you in your faith.Don't forget to grab the button and to link back to Sheryl's post.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


I know I have shared theses verses in the past but the last month they have been popping in my head over and over..
If you have been keeping up with my blog you know that for the last 4 weeks my DH has been dealing with health issues.
Week #1 he was sick he went to the doctor they told him it was a virus or the flu. He missed the whole week of work sick as a dog not able to keep anything down and he ended up losing 30 pounds.
Week #2 we go back to the doctors and they send him over to the hospital for testing and ended up admitting him and keeping him doing all sorts of test and getting him well.
Week #3 they send him home, he is feeling 100% better but his liver numbers were still bad and he knew he would have to have his gallbladder removed we ran that week back and forth to doctors
This week Week #4 DH had his surgery on Monday and they kept him in the hospital and let him come home on Tuesday, He goes today(Friday) back to the doctors to see how he is healing.

Besides DH being sick. Two weeks before he got sick Little Man had that nasty virus that lasted 16 days.. a week into that I ended up with it, We both were getting well right at the time DH came down with the virus. ONLY if it wasn't for him getting the virus we never would have know just how infected his gallbladder was and he would have ended up really really sick or worse with that. Thinking of this Romans 8:28 just kept running though my head.

Now during this time DH hasn't been able to work and seeing how he is our only income and because his works short term disability will not be paid to him until after he returns to work.. we have had zero money coming in at all. Yet God has provided for us each and every day.. EVEN when unexpected expenses have jumped up at us, Such as Mr Man getting sick and needing to go to the doctors and needing a prescription last week, and Sweet Pea getting sick this week. and Now Little Man went to bed tonight with a 101.7 fever. God has still provided one way or another.. for us to have food to eat, money for doctors and medicine for DH and the kids.. PLUS money to pay the bills.. It has just been amazing to sit back and watch God at work and how he will provide for us.

I am just so over joyed and want to praise and Thank God for his Love and Care and working in our life, and for the joy he has given me and the peace he has brought me though this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is truly awesome!! Thank you for sharing your testimony...it is such an encouragement!

Melanie said...

Wow- you really have been going through a rough time recently. Imagine if you had to go through this without God- how do people do it??

I have an award for you over at my blog. Come on over and get it.

MomOf4 said...

God bless your family! I hope this time of sickness passes quickly. Your entry is so uplifting!

Heather said...

I love when we can witness God in his Glory. When we see that he really shelters us in the storms of life. We have been in a similar situation. Only you have the stresses of sickness on top of it. I think when we got through a whole month of no income at the end of the month Bill sat back and asked how it all got paid. I think that was one of his first glimpses of what God does when you let go and have faith that he will provide. Thanks for sharing and I know I never am one to ask for help myself, but let me know what I can do. Tell me the night and I will bring dinner over for your crew. okay? Okay! :)