What The Holidays Mean to You
For you, the holidays are about emotional connections and bonds. You are happiest being around those you love.
You celebrate the holidays in a minimalist style. You are likely to only give one great present and decorate your house with a few special items.
During the holidays, you feel magical. You love all of the decorations and how happy people are. You like to sit back and take it all in.
You think the holidays should be nostalgic and sweet. The holidays bring out your inner child.
Your best holiday memories are of childhood foods and traditions. You secretly still wish you believed in Santa Claus.
Next I found this over at Annie's blog
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both but mostly paper
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? the day after Thanksgiving the day before Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? sometime after new years.
5. Do you like eggnog? yes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? refrigerator and stove that my grandpa built for me and my sister
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes two of them.. a glass set that sits in my dinning room normally but I don't know where I'll put it up this year yet. Then a Little People Nativity set that we put up under the Christmas tree.. Though we put it up today and Mary is missing.. So now we have to go on a hunt though all 4 of the kids toy boxes to see if we can find Mary.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Don't really have a hard person to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Little Man and Sweet Pea they are still young enough they don't care what it is they are opening as long as there are gifts under the tree when they wake up.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? both
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love them all.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August or Sept and normally finish on December 23
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? both. Clear on the tree and fireplace. Clear on the china cabinet greenery, Clear and solid red on the microwave greenery, and clean and solid green on the computer desk greenery. Out side we have clear, solid red and solid green.
17. Favorite Christmas song? ALL of them.. once again I really don't know if I can think of any off hand that I don't like
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Eve with my in laws, Christmas morning at home, and afternoon and evening with my family. Since we live with in 30 minutes of all of the family I would say we stay home, but I would travel if our family lived out of state because Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some family around
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? YUM yes, I was a kid once after all. LOL
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel though I have done a star before
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas eve with DH's family, Christmas morning with the kids at home and Christmas evening with my side of the family.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People trying to avoid saying Merry Christmas.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Opening up my curtains at night, turning off all the lights in my house except the Christmas decor light and enjoying all the lights in my yard and house and thinking about the real reason for Christmas. I also love our candle light service at church and the church Christmas party.. and getting together with all our family and watching the kids open gifts.
And the last little bit of fun for today..
You Are a Tree
You love every part of the holidays, down to the candy canes and stockings. And you're goofy enough to put a Christmas tree ornament on your tree!