Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Recap Fathers Day weekend 2009

WOO HOO I'm so excited... I have been trying all day long(Monday June 22, 09) to load pictures into blogger and it wouldn't let me.. and here it is 11:51PM and I was able to get the last of Sunday night pictures loaded. It only took me *14* hours. grrrrrrrrrrr blogger..
I'm not going to load anymore the rest of the weekend pictures I'll just make into slide shows.

OK it's weekend recap time again.. since I'm tired and really ready to throw the computer out the window due to blogger acting up.. I'll make this short and sweet.
Friday June 19, 2009
Day one of another softball tournaments for Princess. The fields were about an hour and forty five minutes from out house.. Sweet Pea spent Friday night with my Grandma and Grandpa while the boys went to my parents house (luckily for us it was on the way) so we dropped them off and had to be at the fields by 4:30pm for a 5:30pm game.. Here is a slide show from the game on Friday night

After the game went back to my parents house picked up the boys and took them over to my IL's house(a block or so away from my parents) DH, Princess and I were going to spend the night there because it meant sleeping in an extra half hour in the morning. Princess had a 9:30 in the morning game on Saturday and had to be at the field at 8:30pm so cutting 30 mins off a 1 hour and 45 min trip sounded good to me. when Little Man was getting sleepy we took the boys back to my parents house where they were going to spend the night since they didn't want to go to the games on Saturday. But about 10pm we got a phone call saying there was going to be at least an hour delay on Saturday games because of rain.. and DH told me to pack it up we were going home, he would much rather sleep in his own bed since we wouldn't have to wake up as early so we got home about 11pm and was on the road at 7:45AM come the morning.

Saturday June 20, 2009
Happy belated birthday to my niece(DH's older brothers girl) Big E. who turned 13 on this day.

like I mentioned we were on the road by 7:45am Princess had a 10:30AM game then a 1:30pm game and the last game of the day was at 4:30pm it rained on and off a bit in the morning so all the games were running even farther behind then this.. so it was more like a 10:30 game then a 2pm and a 5pm game. Princess pitched Friday night game, and the last two games of Saturday(all 7 inning games so by Saturday night she had in 21 innings of pitching) Here is the slide show from Saturday game time.

We found a place to stay Saturday night with in walking distant of the fields so we wouldn't have to do the drive again, but mostly because Princess had to be there at 7am on Sunday morning. Our 2nd baseman S. spent the night with Princess and they went swimming in the pool in there sliding shorts and ball shirts LOL, then we got a bit to eat and then the girls went back to the fields and played at the park till it was time to walk back to the hotel and get ready for there early morning game. here are a few pictures of them at the park.

I was so tired that night I think I was asleep before midnight.

Sunday June 21, 2009
Happy fathers day..
DH took the girls over to the park at 7am I didn't bother heading over till 8am game time.. It was a good game even if I was tired. We won and advanced to the next round which game wasn't starting till 11:30am So we went back to the room, I hit the breakfast bar there and then packed our stuff.. and we checked out and had Princess back at the ball park at 10:30am Another great game only we lost and that was the end of the tournament for us.. Princess pitched both of these games also and they went all 7 innings, So she pitched 5 out of the 6 games and pitched all 7 innings of each game. she was throwing good, and not only that her sticks were hot also this weekend.. Good weekend for my girl..
Here are the pictures from Sunday Games.

We loaded up the van said our good byes till next weekend and headed home.. Picked up the younger 3 who were all over at my grandparents house along with my parents for fathers day.. Stayed there for a bit talking and wishing my daddy a happy Father Days.. then came home and gave DH all his fathers day gifts.. the kids came up with the idea to chip money and by there daddy a fire pit.. It's nothing extremely big but it was all there idea and I didn't even have to go out and pick it up, Mr Man picked it out and bought it himself while out shopping with my parents one day and the rest of the kids chipped in there part after he got it.. He is such a Sweetie I tell ya.. So Sunday night we threw up the tent and had a campfire and sleep out in the yard.. we were out sitting around the firer till midnight Little Man and Princess did not make it that long, think they were both out before 10:30pm

Even our cat pulled himself up a chair and enjoyed the fire ;-)

And that was how we spent fathers day weekend 2009

post signature


Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

How do you have the energy to put together the great post---seriously looks like y'all had a blast.
Happy Father's Day :)

Melanie said...

How do you keep up with yourself?? Looks like a fun weekend- the bonfire looks like it was a blast!

Lizzie said...

lots and lots of pictures! great idea to put them in slideshows :) everyone seems to be camping these days, i might have to bust out the tents, have a great day!

palmtreefanatic said...

looks like lots of fun and great memories! You must have lots of energy!!!;)
great pics!