Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Recap on hold.

I was about to tell you about my fun filled super busy(even without any sporting events) weekend. But then I thought about everything I haven't had the time to post about and figured I wanted to get you all caught up first. So my Weekend Recap post will start tomorrow.

Last week, the week of May 18, 2009 was one very busy week.
On Monday May 18, 2009
We started the day with Little Man having his 4 year check up. You can read about that Here.

Next we got Little Man all signed up for preschool for the fall. Then later in the afternoon Little Man had his Occupational Therapy, when I got home from that it was time to cook dinner and get DH off for work..

Mr Man I found out that day has found a new pass time of climbing trees. This is something I spent hours as a kid doing, and never hurt myself, but when I was in Jr High one of my friends went hunting with a group of kids one night and fell out of a tree and died.. So I have this sick sick feeling in my gut every time I think of my kids climbing trees, yet I still remember all the fun I use to have doing it, so I didn't scream and yell and flip out to get out of the tree, though that is what was going on inside of me.. instead I said "you be very very careful" and I grabbed the camera.

Later that night right before bed Princess came out of her room and said as she held her foot up to me "I think I broke my toe" OUCH OUCH OUCH.. she had ran her foot into the thick heavy wood of her loft bed.. We elevated it and iced it.. but an hour later it didn't look any better. She also said it was still throbbing and sending sharp pain into her foot, so packed up the kids and took them to great grandma's and Princess and I went to the ER. After an x-ray we were told she broke the bone closest to the tip of the toe(4th toe on the right). They taped it and put her in an post op shoe and we were home around 11:30PM

Tuesday May 19, 2009
Started the day back in the doctors this time for my lovely yearly appointment. Then it was home to get more of the house work done. After school Mr Man had a doctors appointment for his asthma/allergies(right there was 5 doc/hospital visits in 2 days and there were more to come) When we got back from that I had one hour to get dinner done and the kids feed and we were off again, there was no time to dress the kids up and make them look nice. so they went in what they had been playing in(UGH I really hate that but there is just so many hours in a day) But they didn't really look any different then any of the other kids who were back at the school for there art show. when the art show was over we rushed it back home so DH could take off to work.. After he left Princess was bouncing off the walls, she is not use to staying home and not being able to just go and go and go and do things with her friends or do some sort of sport.. but I needed her to rest her foot, since she had went to school even though the ER doctor gave her Tuesday off of school to rest her toe.. So I sent her out in the yard just to get out of the house next thing you know there is about 5 or 6 of her friends on bikes all hanging out in the yard(none of them live close by but one text saying I'm board and my mom wont let me leave the yard was all it took to be like party at my place LOL) After they all left it was close to dark so we got everyone bathed and ready for bed.
Wednesday May 20, 2009

Wednesday morning I had to clean some more of my house, at this point I was wanting to cry because I had been running so much the last two day and the weekend before it, that I didn't have anything ready I needed ready for the upcoming birthday party.. but I didn't have time for that.. I had to keep working because at 11:30am I had to get Princess out of school to go to the kids doctors for the 3rd time this week for a follow up for her toe.. I had questioned the ER doctor when he told me to take her to there Pedi doc for this.. I thought Ortho might be better but they said "oh it's just a toe and a break in the top of her toe she doesn't need Ortho"
WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! turns out they were wrong.. At her Pediatric doctor there was a note sent from the hospital that after radiology looked at the x-rays they now thought she should be referred over to the Orthopedic doctor... ~sigh~ I could have avoided that whole trip to the kids doctor with her.. instead I spend an hour in there to find out they were setting up another appointment for her with Ortho, which would be on Thursday. We left the Pediatricians and it was too late to get Princess back to school for her lunch so we stopped at subway and split a sub and then I took her back to school. After that got a bit more cleaning done and then it was time for the kids to come home, feed them dinner and it was off to Mr Man's season opener for baseball. He moved up to the kids pitch this year.. they play 7 innings or 2 1/2 hours.. so that pretty much took the rest of the night.

Thursday May 21, 2009

Dropped the kids off at school and DH and I both took Princess to her 9am Orthopedic doctor appointment.. Where we were told and shown on the x-ray that Princess did not just break one bone but two. Guess there are 3 bones in the toe she broke the top on(at the tip of her toe)like the ER doctor told us.. but also broke the bottom one where the toe connects to the foot, the middle one is just fine. ~sigh~ with the top bone broke they were saying like 2 weeks off of it, then she could go back to playing ball as long as it didn't hurt.. but with this bottom bone broken they said 4 to 5 weeks. Which pretty much shoots her softball this summer in the foot, SNORT.. ok bad pun.. sorry.

After getting her back to school I came home and got back to cleaning and playing with Little Man. then picked up the kids from school and feed them dinner.. and Got Sweet Pea off to softball practice(DH is coaching her team so he and Mr Man went also) When they got home I stopped cleaning and crashed for the rest of the night.
This is where I'll end this.. and tomorrow tell you have I spent the weekend.

post signature


palmtreefanatic said...

oh no her poor toe! OUCH and now no sports! double ouch!

Rachel said...

Poor girl. I had a friend in high school who did something similar her senior year. She had started varsity volleyball and basketball every year and that year she was out of sports until spring. It was a bummer!

Carol VR said...

I thought that was a nail polish photo prior to reading about it...OUCH!!!