Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Recap Aug 22-24, 2008

8:30 something AM. went shopping for volleyball shoes and some not too dressy dress cloths for Princess for school(normally for school she is a jean and top sort of girl but has to dress up for days of volleyball games now but she thought her church cloths were just too dressy for school) Then had lunch and then rushed it back because she had Volleyball at 3pm.. We got home from shopping about 2:30pm she changed and it was over to the school.. I got back about 3:10pm and fell asleep for an hour.. Got up brushed my hair and it was back to the school to pick her up( Volleyball was to be over at 4:30 but she didn't get out of there till almost 5pm) Got home a little after 5pm she changed cloths again and we were off to get her hair cut. We got home about 10 till 6 I cooked dinner, she showered.. we ate dinner and at 6:30pm we were off to the bank because I didn't have any cash on me.. hit the ATM and I was dropping her off at the football game at 6:45pm for the season opener of high school football which started at 7pm. Went home watched about 30 min of TV then took a shower.. and thought to myself.. Goodness I'm here alone, DH worked a double so he was out like a light, Mr Man was off on the boat fishing with my dad and Sweet Pea and Little Man spent the night Friday with my mom.. So I called my grandma and asked if I could come over to use there computer I got all caught up on my 100 something email and left Grandpa's about 9:45pm and went to the football field to watch the end of the game and to pick up Princess. OH it was a heart breaker of a game.. We lost in the last 30 sec of the game by ONE POINT.. Princess and I got home about 10:30pm and we went to bed.
That is how I spent my Friday.
Saturday we didn't have any big plans, I thought I would go grocery shopping and then maybe clean the boys room dresses and closet could used cleaned out.. The three younger kids were still at my parents and Princess after she got up in the morning she and my Grandma was going out together shopping.
After Grandma picked up Princess, DH and I thought we would get out, take a little drive and get lunch and pick up the groceries.. So we took a drive to our favorite campgrounds on the lake walked around a bit and were on our way to go get a bit to eat when my phone rang.. It was my parents they were on there way to the lake with Dad's boat and the kids and were going to spend the afternoon cruising around the lake, They wanted to know if we wanted to go along also.. So we said sure. Our nice sit down lunch turned into McDonald's drive though and then we left that part of the lake to go meet up with them where they put the boat in the water. WE had a blast, though it was really choppy on the lake and I had to hang on tight to Little Man so he wouldn't bounce right out of the boat as we went over those waves. Since i was hanging on to him I didn't get any pictures while on the boat but here are a few from when we docked to take a break. They aren't the best because I didn't have my camera with me just my cell phone.. but here they are anyways.

This is my Brother
And My Dad
Here is DH and Little Man and part of Sweet Pea
And here is Little Man
Sweet Pea
and Mr Man
Here's my mom with Little Man following behind and the back of Sweet Pea's head
And our boat.
I saw this little Light House on our way home and Had to take it's picture also.. Isn't it sweet.

After we left the lake we came home so DH could watch the browns game and Little Man and I watched some cartoons while resting in bed.. Mr Man and Sweet Pea stayed with my parents boating longer and then went and spent the night. Princess got home and then went and hung out with her friend K.D.
After the football game DH, Little Man and I went and got groceries and the last of the school supplies. Got home put stuff away, got dinner in the oven and went and picked up Princess. At dinner, watched some TV and then went to bed.
On our way home from the lake Little Man started coughing and his nose started running alot. by the time I was ready for bed, he was up and couldn't breath well and he was running a fever.. He ended up sleeping, more like tossing and turning all night long with me.

So come Sunday, Little Man was still sick so I stayed home from church with him, but I still got up cooked breakfast for DH and Princess so they wouldn't be late for church. After church Mr man and Sweet Pea went home with my grandparents and My Parents came over to my house for lunch and to get my computer back to me.. YES did you read that.. I have my computer back and it is working... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm back online folks..
This even I bathed all the kids put curlers in Sweet Pea's hair, got all there school stuffed with there names on them and into there back packs, I laid there cloths out and put them to bed at 9pm.. ONLY at 10:30pm they were all still laying in bed not able to fall asleep.. BUT tomorrow is the 1st day of school... There isn't a single person in my house excited about that.. We all, including myself, would love another month of summer vacation. :(
Princess is starting Jr High school this year and they start an hour and a half earlier then what we have been use to the last 7 years. I normally wake the kids up at 7:45am for school.. This year I have to wake Princess up between 6 and 6:30am... this might kill me LOL, I'm so much a night owl never going to bed before 1am.. 6am sounds like the middle of the night to me. UGH but I guess I have no choice... Tomorrow also is Princess 1st Volleyball game.. So I'll have alot to blog about. Guess I better go force myself to bed, even though I'm so not tired at all yet. but it's pushing 11pm.. So good night all, Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

post signature


Jen said...

You always have the most fabulous weekends! I'm so jealous you have a boat and get to enjoy time on the water. As always, your family is adorable!

Heather said...

Good luck with your kids and starting school. I hope they have a great first day and week of school!

Courtney said...

I'm glad to hear you are back. I hope that all the kids do well on their first day back and that little man is feeling better soon.

MomOf3 said...

Here, it is the grade schoolers who have to get up at the crack of dawn to go to school. I had to get Princess (2nd) and Prince (Kinder) up at 6AM this morning. I was up at 5:45. I miss summer!! It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Midlife Mom said...

I just left a comment, don't know what happened to it. I hope it pops up when you log on!!!!