Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Recap July 24-26, 2009

I had a fun and exciting weekend this weekend.. and I didn't spend the whole thing at the ball park either LOL..
On Friday July 24, 2009 I had the pleasure of meeting up with two other bloggers. Tina who I already knew IRL, and Jodi who both Tina and I were meeting for the 1st time.. Jodi made the 4 hour trip to come meet up with us and we had so much fun. We started our afternoon at the Salon and Spa where Tina works and we were spoiled with the most relaxing pedicure.. I now have pretty purple toes with a little sliver flower on the big toe.. You know I should have taken pictures of my pretty toes.. But blogger is acting funny and it just took me an hour to load the pictures I did get on here.

After we left there we went to Kalahari where Tina gave us the grand tour.. and when we left there we had a nice lunch.. The game plan was to go play putt putt but I had left the kids home with my sick hubby(YES he is still sick 4 weeks and counting I did get him to the doctor and I'll talk more about that at the end of this post) So I though I should head home to let him get some sleep since he worked the night before and didn't go to bed when he got home in fear that he would not want to wake up when it was time for me to leave.. so I got home about 5pm to find that Princess had took Sweet Pea over to her friends S.B's house where S.B was babysitting her little sister, Mr Man was at his friends house(where I dropped him off before I left at 12:30pm) and DH and Little Man were in my bedroom sound asleep... I could have gone and played putt putt and it wouldn't have hurt anyone :-( DH and Little Man didn't even wake up till 7pm.. and the rest of the kids didn't get home till close to that time either. But I did use those 2 hours to get alot of house work done and the laundry all washed.

When it got dark that night we went and had good family time around the fire pit.

Saturday July 25, 2009
Princess started her last softball tournament of the summer season with this traveling team. She was to have three games one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.. I made up my mind to skip out of the morning and afternoon ones because I needed to get Mr Man all packed and ready to go to camp(he leaves tomorrow) So that is what I did all morning Saturday, went though all his stuff and figured out a way to get everything he needs and what I think he might find useful into two bags.
In the afternoon we headed to one of the dairy in town who was having a so many year anniversary party of sorts going on.. free ice cream and $.50 hot dogs. face painting and prizes and all that fun stuff. I only had my cell phone with me so these are not the best of pictures.. but here is a 7 photo slide show of our time there.

Saturday night I had loaded up the fan with warmer cloths, umbrellas and camping chairs and was on my way to pick up my grandma and then make the hour drive out to watch Princess's last game when I got a phone call from her saying it was storming there and it was such a heavy down pour that they called off all the games for the rest of the night. So I turned around and came home. where I went ahead and cleaned the rest of the house and played on the computer until my parents stopped by and then Mr man went and spent the night with them.. DH and Princess came home, we had dinner and pretty much laid around the rest of the night.. I did however get a nice hot bath with no one yelling for mom.. never mind the fact that I did that at 11:30PM when they were all asleep LOL.
Sunday July 26, 2009
woke up got everyone dressed for church and packed a change of cloths for everyone and headed off to church.. After church we took off right to the ball fields where Princess was making up the game that got rained out. She pitched that game Well she pitched the 1st two games from yesterday also.
After that game we had a few hour wait between games, so I made some ham and cheese sandwiches and we all ate lunch and the kids played while we waited.

Note Princess got another new phone.. LOL.. she is sharing with Sweet Pea how she is never to touch the new blackberry storm or she will have to kill her. LOL.
She is trying to figure it out to make up her mind if she wants this storm or if she wants to go back to her old pink blackberry curve.. she hasn't really given me any idea yet which she is going to do. While she played with her new toy the other kids enjoyed the park.

Then it was time for the game... put us into a little bit of shock when the coach put his daughter into pitch and put Princess on 1st base because with this team she normally pitches every game. but she still had the coin flip.. OF THE LAST 12U game she will ever play..
She was on fire with her bats.. super hard hits every at bat this whole weekend never got out at all this whole tournament.. Sadly the rest of the team wasn't and we lost this game bad..

Bringing the 2009 season to an end...

When we got back into town I went to my BIL and SIL's house.. a few months ago they were fostering a little boy who was Little Man's age.. He has been away from them and living with his grandma for the last few months now.. but the little boy does nothing but talk about them and how much he wants to be with them.. so today they had him for a visit.. So I took Little Man over to play with them for a bit.. Please be praying for them and this little boy.. there is talk that the Grandma would like them to adopt this little boy.. They are praying for God will in this matter.. I think it would be the coolest thing ever then Little Man will have someone to play with at family gatherings(on DH's side) as he is the youngest of 8 grandchildren the oldest two are already adults.
I mentioned my sick hubby.. He has been sick since the weekend we went camping, well a few days before that really.. sort of looks to us like Sweet Pea did when she had the Mono a few months back.. He gets spurts of energy and then crashes.. he has been doing nothing but going to work and sleeping and on weekends it has been sleeping pretty much ALL DAY LONG.. he says he feels awful and he looks it also. You know the boy is sick when he is skipping Princess's softball games(since he is her pitching coach)and having me who knows next to nothing about it take her to her games because he just isn't feeling well at all. We got him into the doctor on Monday.. they said they think it's a virus could be Mono we don't know yet.. They did blood work to test a few things(one of which was Mono) So far the only results we have back is with his blood sugar.. guess they like to see that between 60 and 90, and DH's was 120.. so they want to do more blood work for that.. that is about all we know so far except he still doesn't feel well and we are waiting on more results.
Well it's about 11:30PM and I started doing this post at 10PM(pictures took forever to load) so I will end this now..
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

post signature


Courtney said...

Hope DH feels better soon...that's no fun.

Thanks for your concern about Callee...I am hoping to post something tomorrow, but she is doing better and ER doctors are idiots!

Carol VR said...

Your hair must grow extremely fast. Last I recall it was half as long...LOL

Midlife Mom said...

Glad you got to meet up with Tina and your other new friend! What fun and the pedicures sound devine! Sigh....I need one right now.

Love all the pictures of your kiddos. The sotfball pictures are great too. I played when I was her age, of course that was 100 years ago! lol!

Sure hope you find out what is going on with DH. The poor guy must really feel rotten to miss the games and all. Keep right after those doctors till you get some answers and a plan!!!! xoxoxo

Lizzie said...

glad you all got to meet up. great softball pictures too! football is getting ready to start here so i'll be running around like a mad woman *ugh* good thing i love the little buggers :)

Jodi said...

You had a busy weekend after our visit! I have an award for you, come and see!